Can I Renew My 2008 License With 2009 License?

My bitdefender 2008 will expire in 29 days and i want to renew it.But can i renew it with a 2009 version key?

Comments

• My bitdefender 2008 will expire in 29 days and i want to renew it.But can i renew it with a 2009 version key?

Mafia:

I was able to use my key on 2008 or 2009.

If you have problems contact support and they can do this however they may not want to.

Contacting BD support has been a failure every time for me, this forum is the only help I ever received help from.

Fungus

• when you renew, your key will work with the newest versions

• My bitdefender 2008 will expire in 29 days and i want to renew it.But can i renew it with a 2009 version key?

Hello!

Sure, when you renew your BitDefendre subscription, you receive a license key compatible with the most recent version of BitDefender, that is with BitDefender 2009.

Please follow the next link so you will renew your BitDefender license key:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Buy/quickRenew/

• I've just renewed my subscription for another year I thought. Went by the way of the subscription nag screen. And I got a renewal for BDIS 2009 instead of BDIS 2008. BD customer care is lousy the only thing they told me I could do is install BDIS 2009, I've used it earlier and felt like a guinea pig for BD, to buggy and automated, if I wanted Norton AV I would have bought it. Any one have any suggestions? I've used BD products for years hate to move.

• Hello!

Sure, when you renew your BitDefendre subscription, you receive a license key compatible with the most recent version of BitDefender, that is with BitDefender 2009.

Please follow the next link so you will renew your BitDefender license key:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Buy/quickRenew/

But they will not work with older versions, I'm going through a battle with BD support again over this from last year it took about 6 weeks to get this resolved last year. And this year support told me that BD products are NOT....not backward compatible. I just purchased a renewal via the nag screen, it will not work on BDIS 2008. Keep on trying you'll eventually get a REAL support person not someone reading from a scripted page. What a shame, BD is a very good product.

• But they will not work with older versions, I'm going through a battle with BD support again over this from last year it took about 6 weeks to get this resolved last year. And this year support told me that BD products are NOT....not backward compatible. I just purchased a renewal via the nag screen, it will not work on BDIS 2008. Keep on trying you'll eventually get a REAL support person not someone reading from a scripted page. What a shame, BD is a very good product.

Hi!

We have sent you a new license key that is valid for both version 2008 and version 2009.

Please check the last reply for ticket number 200907171000571

Thank you!

• Hi!

We have sent you a new license key that is valid for both version 2008 and version 2009.

Please check the last reply for ticket number 200907171000571

Thank you!

Thank You, for fast response, some of the on line chat support did not leave me any answer. One did. Thanks again for your help. I hated the thought of leaving BD. :D

• Raluca,

I just renewed my 2008 prescription up to 2009 and downloaded BD 2009. After constant problems (XP Home would not even boot up to the desktop), I removed 2009 in safe mode. I never had these problems with BD 2008 which I love. I would also like a new license key that would allow me to continue to use BD 2008. I have 5 days left. I purchased BD through HermanStreet as well as the last two renewals (not through the BitDefender site).

thanks,

George

• Hello Computer User ,

One of my colleagues from the Customer Care department sent you an email , asking for your 2009 BitDefender license key . Reply and we will send you a new serial number valid for BitDefender 2008 .

Thank you .

• Hello,

I was upgraded from BDIS 2008 to BDIS 2009 right when it came out by a technical support person and after having many problems I just decided to go back to BDIS 2008 and then it worked with my license key. After that licence key ran out I think my dad accidently bought BDIS 2009 instead of just renewing it so now after BDIS 2009 breaking on me again I want to go back to BDIS 2008 (which was great no problems what so ever!) but i can't register my license key with that product anymore. Can someone send me a license key that works with BDIS 2008?

Thanks,

Weebedink

email: Weebedink@gmail.com

• Hello,

I was upgraded from BDIS 2008 to BDIS 2009 right when it came out by a technical support person and after having many problems I just decided to go back to BDIS 2008 and then it worked with my license key. After that licence key ran out I think my dad accidently bought BDIS 2009 instead of just renewing it so now after BDIS 2009 breaking on me again I want to go back to BDIS 2008 (which was great no problems what so ever!) but i can't register my license key with that product anymore. Can someone send me a license key that works with BDIS 2008?

Thanks,

Weebedink

email: Weebedink@gmail.com

Im thinking of going back to 2008 , were can i find the EXE file for it ?

Thanks

Rich

• Hello Rich ,

You can download the BitDefender Antivirus 2008 installation kit accessing the next link:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...virus/final/en/ . Simply click on bitdefender_antivirus_2008_32b.exe, choose to save the file, make sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of BitDefender , using our uninstall tool, then run it in order to start the installation .

Thank you .

• Hello Rich ,

You can download the BitDefender Antivirus 2008 installation kit accessing the next link:http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...virus/final/en/ . Simply click on bitdefender_antivirus_2008_32b.exe, choose to save the file, make sure that you have uninstalled any previous versions of BitDefender , using our uninstall tool, then run it in order to start the installation .

Thank you .

Thanks for that im now back to BDAV 2008 due to problems i had with 2009 and 2010 .

Rich