Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Security Alert Says Bitdefender Is Out Of Date

Options

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium machine and starting on Friday, June 19th, my Windows Security Alerts started saying my BitDefender is out of date. I run updates on BitDefender and no change. I rebooted the PC after running updates no change. I turned off the Windows Instrumentation Service and deleted the Repository Folder as some BD Expert suggested no change!! I am at a loss, and about fed up with BD. I have BD running on a Vista Machine and also on a XP Machine and for the past 6months I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I have had to uninstall and re-install BD TWICE on the XP Machine, and once on the Vista machine. I have had numerous issues that I have just let go, and had to wait for an update and finally the problem was fixed. One problem I emailed a BD Expert and he told me to "download this file, then extract these files, then zip those files into a folder, and then email us the results. WHAT? I do not have time for this. I KNOW I am not the only one with these issues, as I have Googled trying to find an answer and nothing.

Someone PLEASE HELP with this issue. See attachment for screenshot of the issue.

I have 234-days left of Activation, and if this problem isn't fixed soon and I have just one more issue I'm DONE with BD.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5279" data-fileid="5279" rel="">BD_Issue.doc

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    I have a Windows Vista Home Premium machine and starting on Friday, June 19th, my Windows Security Alerts started saying my BitDefender is out of date. I run updates on BitDefender and no change. I rebooted the PC after running updates no change. I turned off the Windows Instrumentation Service and deleted the Repository Folder as some BD Expert suggested no change!! I am at a loss, and about fed up with BD. I have BD running on a Vista Machine and also on a XP Machine and for the past 6months I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I have had to uninstall and re-install BD TWICE on the XP Machine, and once on the Vista machine. I have had numerous issues that I have just let go, and had to wait for an update and finally the problem was fixed. One problem I emailed a BD Expert and he told me to "download this file, then extract these files, then zip those files into a folder, and then email us the results. WHAT? I do not have time for this. I KNOW I am not the only one with these issues, as I have Googled trying to find an answer and nothing.

Someone PLEASE HELP with this issue. See attachment for screenshot of the issue.

I have 234-days left of Activation, and if this problem isn't fixed soon and I have just one more issue I'm DONE with BD.

Hello Brent ,

Please provide us the Ticket ID number of your support request . You can find it in the subject of the email that your received from us .

Before sending you further instructions , we need to know what troubleshooting steps were performed already .

From the screen-shot that you have posted it , BitDefender seems to be active . You can check if it is up to date . Simply click on the Switch to Advanced View button then click on the Update module from the left side . Click on Update Now and if the updates are installing correctly then your system is protected and we may facing only a display issue from Windows Vista or a communication problem between the Windows Security Center and BitDefender . We will give you more details as soon as you reply with the ticket ID number .

• Hello Brent ,

Please provide us the Ticket ID number of your support request . You can find it in the subject of the email that your received from us .

Before sending you further instructions , we need to know what troubleshooting steps were performed already .

From the screen-shot that you have posted it , BitDefender seems to be active . You can check if it is up to date . Simply click on the Switch to Advanced View button then click on the Update module from the left side . Click on Update Now and if the updates are installing correctly then your system is protected and we may facing only a display issue from Windows Vista or a communication problem between the Windows Security Center and BitDefender . We will give you more details as soon as you reply with the ticket ID number .

I did not get a Ticket, as when I tried Support last time they told me to do several steps including "uninstall then reinstall" if that doesn't work download this tool, etc. I don't have time for this. I am VERY technical and work for an I.T. company, so its not a matter of not having the knowledge I just don't have time. As I mentioned, I have uninstalled BD on the Vista machine 2-times in the past 6-mos; 3-times on the XP machine in the past 6-mos and sometimes it fixes the issue others do not. This time I'm not uninstalling a piece of software that should work. I have not installed anything new on my machine either.

Could imagine if this was Microsoft's solutions? Hey - just uninstall Windows Vista OS and reinstall it.

I understand everyone's machine/environment is different, but come on.

And you are correct, I can click on Update in BD's Advanced Settings and it updates, and says Update Completed and BD is active. So, I think you are correct, it is a communication issue with Windows Secuirty Agent and BD.

Any ideas on how I could fix the issue without uninstalling????

THANKS for your prompt response, it is MUCH appreciated!!!!!!!!

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Brent ,

In order to find the cause of this communication issue , please use the steps we have sent you by e-mail on Ticket ID 200906251008364 . We are waiting forward to your reply .