Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Unchecked 'proxy Checkbox'

Options

Hello,

I've been using BD antivirus 2009 now for a few months, but every week it tells me it is no longer up to date. In the settings tab of the update menu (I have the dutch version, so the menu names could be a bit of) the proxy checkbox was checked. I'm connected directly to the internet, not using a proxy. So I unchecked the checkbox and the update was working perfectly. However, the next day the checkbox was checked again. Now, everytime I uncheck the box it is checked again after a reboot. It is driving me crazy!

Does anybody now how to fix thix?

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3 on an Inter Core2 E6600

Best regards,

Eric

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    Hello,

I've been using BD antivirus 2009 now for a few months, but every week it tells me it is no longer up to date. In the settings tab of the update menu (I have the dutch version, so the menu names could be a bit of) the proxy checkbox was checked. I'm connected directly to the internet, not using a proxy. So I unchecked the checkbox and the update was working perfectly. However, the next day the checkbox was checked again. Now, everytime I uncheck the box it is checked again after a reboot. It is driving me crazy!

Does anybody now how to fix thix?

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP3 on an Inter Core2 E6600

Best regards,

Eric

Hello ericvr ,

Please go to the next location from your computer : C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service and look after the file called " v_live_s.xml " .Copy it on your desktop , upload the file on a free upload site like : http://www.sendspace.com/ and send us back the download link .

Thank you .

• ericvr
    Options
    Hello ericvr ,

Please go to the next location from your computer : C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service and look after the file called " v_live_s.xml " .Copy it on your desktop , upload the file on a free upload site like : http://www.sendspace.com/ and send us back the download link .

Thank you .

Ok, I've uploaded the file twice. The first one directly after unchecking the 'use proxy' checkbox (the update works). And the second one after a reboot (the update is no longer working)

v_live_s.xml: Unchecking 'use proxy', update working Update working

v_live_s_after_reboot.xml: After a reboot

Thanks for the effort and regards,

Eric

• costel
    Options

This occurs when installing with a certain installation package, just reinstall using the uninstall tool and the latest installation package and the issue will be solved.

• ericvr
    Options
    This occurs when installing with a certain installation package, just reinstall using the uninstall tool and the latest installation package and the issue will be solved.

Thanx a lot, that solved the problem :)