Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Access Internet Explorer Anymore

Options

Hi,

I have bitdefender 2009, my default web browser is firefox but when I do windows update (I have win xp pro) it keeps saying:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Also when trying to access internet explorer itself, the above message occurs.

So its not possible to access 2 web browsers with bit defender?

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

What BitDefender 2009 version are you using ?Is it Antivirus, IS or TS?

If you re using a suite (that includes a firewall) make sure the BD firewall has proper rules for IE.

If you re not using IE for browsing (which would be recommended) ignore the problem .Browsing via IE is quite dangerous this times.

• dhallug
    Options

Hi, I'm using Bitdefender Internet Security 2009.

So how do I do Windows Update as this doesn't work via Firefox browser?

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Gurj ,

In order to troubleshoot this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, go to Advanced View -> Firewall and temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled" . Now please test in order to see if you have the same issues with Internet Explorer ;

2. If you do , then you must probably have a problem with this browser and you should search for more information's about it on the Microsoft webpage .

3. If you are able to connect to the Internet by disabling the Firewall please select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local" and Generic needs to be set to "Yes".

4. Click on the Rules tab then click on the Advanced button from the lower left side of the BitDefender window and look for the entry for your Internet Browser, Internet Explorer.

5. Double click on it and check in order to see if it is set to Deny. If that is the case please double click on the entry and set it to Allow. Now test in order to see if you can connect to the Internet.

Thank you .

• dhallug
    edited July 2009
    Options

Its now working. Thanks :)

• Hello Gurj ,

In order to troubleshoot this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender, go to Advanced View -> Firewall and temporarily uncheck "Firewall is enabled" . Now please test in order to see if you have the same issues with Internet Explorer ;

2. If you do , then you must probably have a problem with this browser and you should search for more information's about it on the Microsoft webpage .

3. If you are able to connect to the Internet by disabling the Firewall please select the Network tab in the upper menu and click on the current "Network Type", pull down the drop-down menu and select "Trusted Local" and Generic needs to be set to "Yes".

4. Click on the Rules tab then click on the Advanced button from the lower left side of the BitDefender window and look for the entry for your Internet Browser, Internet Explorer.

5. Double click on it and check in order to see if it is set to Deny. If that is the case please double click on the entry and set it to Allow. Now test in order to see if you can connect to the Internet.

Thank you .

• I am having the same problem, but I am using bit defender total security 2008. I followed steps 1 & 2 and determined that I was able to connect to the internet with the firewall disabled. It may be because I am using a different version, but I cannot find the Network tab referred to in step 3 in order to make the changes required to fix the problem. Can you provide me with more detailed instructions. Thanks so much.