Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2010 Total Security Installation Issues

Options

BitDefender, I am extremely dissatisfied with the installation of BitDefender 2010. I've tried it on my Windows XP x64 machine and my Windows Vista x64 machine, and BitDefender's installer always warns me that "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C\Windows\Installer\bdts.msi". First of all, there is no bdts.msi file in C:\Windows\Installer\bdts.msi, as the installation ****** never moved a file there. We don't normally have to download files into our Windows directory for installations to work...

After trying at least five times on each computer, restarting and retrying again when prompted, and trying it again and again, it finally installed. Another poor installation by a company that used to service their customers.

BitDefender 2010 has hardly added any features users have requested in the forums and through suggestion emails.

Please fix your installation, or you will lose your reputation and many of your customers.

~

Thanks

Eric

post-2193-1250719692_thumb.jpg

Comments

• It's just now popped up at least 10 times during installation....

• I have to unlock the installation of BitDefender 2010 after restarting when prompted....

Jeeze this is the worst installation I've ever seen.

I'm really happy and ready to let this company protect my computer after it takes ages, several restarts, and several popups stating it cannot read from bdts.msi....

FAIL.

• I had to restart my computer again after finally getting passed the cannot read error. Fun! :rolleyes:

Guess BitDefender should have given their beta more time, added new features, and actually developed a bug free program. sigh

• kungfu
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I had to restart my computer again after finally getting passed the cannot read error. Fun! :rolleyes:

Guess BitDefender should have given their beta more time, added new features, and actually developed a bug free program. sigh

Looks like history is repeating itself , what a joke

• Vexo
    Options
    Looks like history is repeating itself , what a joke

but i thought they release this new version2010 because the 2009 was so buggy.

And this time they delay the releasing month then other previous versions but still again this 2010 buggy how come ?

• but i thought they release this new version2010 because the 2009 was so buggy.

And this time they delay the releasing month then other previous versions but still again this 2010 buggy how come ?

There are too many bugs. That's my only complaint. They fixed and added most of my suggestions in 2010, but they still can't get the installation right. FAIL.

• There are too many bugs. That's my only complaint. They fixed and added most of my suggestions in 2010, but they still can't get the installation right. FAIL.

The installation issues seem to have been fixed, as I reinstalled it and didn't run into any of the installation errors. That being said, there's still one major issue that needs to be fixed:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15079

• Neweb
    Options
    The installation issues seem to have been fixed, as I reinstalled it and didn't run into any of the installation errors. That being said, there's still one major issue that needs to be fixed:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=15079

Same problem here. It took forever to get it installed just like BDTS 2009.

I had considered witching to AVG as I was not looking forward to installing BDTS 2010. What a mistake to choose Bitdefender again.

It looks like they are taking a leaf out of the Nortons book.

Its turning into a clunky AV software that causes more problems then it fixes.

I thought you are supposed to install AV software and forget about it, not spend your entire working day trying to fix it.

• Osip
    edited August 2009
    Options

I also encountered problems when installing BDTS 2010 after removal of 2009

post-23122-1251667615_thumb.png

after clicking OK and reboot the system gets into an endless reboot cycle before winlogon. WinXP sp3 1 user as admin...Tried several times with the same and had to give up...

• Osip
    Options

Tried again and changed permission in reg for the error as in the pic. This time BDTS installed wo error. But at the reboot again endless reboot cycles. I suspect Logitech setpoint 4.72 as non compatible. Why, 'cause when installing it with BD earlier on it was only partially installed. When using the newest BD removal tool I got a new hardware reckognize with a question mark after reboot. Reinstalled setpoint fully before going for bdts 2010, and after this again constant reboots after install. Could be worth to check it out...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Osip,

If it is possible, we would like you to follow the steps that we have sent you through the email and send us a complete set of reports for analysis .

Also, please let us know if you receive any messages before your computer reboots .

We are looking forward to your reply .

Thank you .