Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Decreasing Product Quality

Options

Appearently, Softwin again decided to rush into the market instead of delivering a matur.e product - BSODs, non working product features (bars in browsers or mail clients), forgotten settings after a restart or update, ridicolous translations ...

... why do you keep doing this? Just for being the first presenting a box with a "ready for Windows 7"-sticker? I used BitDefender for a while and liked it as a well performing, easy to handle solution. But for the 3rd year in a row the quality turns downside now for unknown reason?!

Comments

• I guess you are having some problems? What exactly are these problems? Maybe we can help you

• Appearently, Softwin again decided to rush into the market instead of delivering a matur.e product - BSODs, non working product features (bars in browsers or mail clients), forgotten settings after a restart or update, ridicolous translations ...

... why do you keep doing this? Just for being the first presenting a box with a "ready for Windows 7"-sticker? I used BitDefender for a while and liked it as a well performing, easy to handle solution. But for the 3rd year in a row the quality turns downside now for unknown reason?!

I hate how they blow us off as if we don't know what we're talking about. They won't take the blame for what has happened. Instead, they pretend it has no issues when there are issues that are affecting everyone such as a BSODs and access violations.

Admit you rushed the release and messed up SoftWin.... after you admit it, fix it.

• JePe
    Options
    I guess you are having some problems? What exactly are these problems? Maybe we can help you

Random failure messages ("BitDefender services are not responding"). Settings were partially lost after a program update was received. No BitDefender bar in Windows Live Mail. WinDVD 9 fails to launch when BitDefender 2010 (here: AntiVirus 2010) is installed (problem disappeared once BitDefender was uninstalled). AVC terminated processes without asking even while it was set to ask first. Own module ("BDReinit.exe") was blocked as potentially dangerous application. Translation to german is ... well, i am not sure if i shall laugh or cry.

• Vexo
    Options
    well, i am not sure if i shall laugh or cry.

haha :)=):P

• haha :)=):P

why do you cause yourself so much pain?

• @JePe: Let's have a deeper look into what seems to be the problem around here. First of all, I think you're too harsh in your judgements. Softwin didn't rush into the market. BitDefender 2010 has been delayed until we considered that it is ready to set sail. Secondly, Softwin and BitDefender don't quite mean the same thing BitDefender is produced by BitDefender LDT and not by Softwin (at least, not anymore)

Secondly, I'd like to tell you that an ADVANCED antimalware suite is almost as complex as an operating system. Your computer's configuration is one of the tens of thousands configurations in the wild. If you think that anyone can test a product on ALL these configurations is, well, unreasonable. Some configurations can not play well with BitDefender simply because they don't meet the system requirements.

BSODs and low performance can also be the result of a bad/invalid hardware configuration or can merely happen because of third-party software drivers such as Roxio's virtual disc. Happened to me, happened to many.

Finally, I'd like to tell you that we have been really working hard to improve the product and I think we managed to do it well. Also, please have a look here: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/internet-security.html to see what's new and what's been improved.

• Tsar
    Options

Well, we wait for some results then.

I used BitDefender for couple of years (2003 - 2008) and no problems, everything, but everything was sooooo good !

From 2009 version .. the ###### comme to earth. Lots of problems, incompatibility softwares, lots of bugs, etc.

Only with BitDefender & OS (with no another softwares installed) my computer was in pain. (one of the cause was separation BitDefender by Softwin ? :D) ; we don't really know.

Anyweay, at the moment I use another security solution (from eset) but someday, when all the problems is resolved i will come back to bitdefender.

I know it's a hard work to do and i know one think: BitDefender is liable for be in a world security top !

My english in some places is poor, sorry for that.

• I am a new BDTS 2010 user and have had very few issues with BD. The installation went well and the product works well for me. However I will state that I keep my system very clean. I don't install anything out of the ordinary. I have very few and only the necessary TSR programs. The more complex you environment the more likely you will experience conflicts.

When I install a new software package I normally reduce the environment to the bare minimum during installation and testing, and then move back to my normal configuration, and do more testing. With BDTS 2010 I just installed using my normal working environment and have not had any issues. I am sure their are other users that have had the same experience. This tends to indicate compatibility issue with your environment. I know this doesn't help much, but my point is that I hear you condemning the product when in fact your particular environment my be at fault.

The only way to root out incompatibility issues is more information about how your environment is setup. What hardware you have, device drivers, modules that are loading, Services that are loaded. Maybe you have already given this info, I don't know, because I haven't looked at previous posts.

Nine time out of ten, when I have problems with a software package, it turns out to be compatibility issues with a driver, a service, or another installed application. And if I take the time I can usually figure out what the problem is. Sometimes it just takes a little time before someone else discovers an incompatibility.

BrianNetAdmin