Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Security 2009

Options

I have asked this question before, but for whatever reason, no one has answered ... perhaps you do not know the answer at Bitdefender?

I am thoroughly disappointed with this product.

How do I know it is working? Previously when I used the older and more reliable version, Bitdefender told you it was scanning incoming mail and likewise it would say the same about outbound e-mail. Now it does neither. The send and receive process is taking considerably longer for no apparent reason.

Of more concern to me is the fact that e-mails are disappearing in the process of delivery. This has happened twice now. Through out the day at work, I check my home mail on a webmail site. I then later at home check on the webmail, delete all the spam mail and then open Outlook to download my e-mail. Can you explain why my e-mails that were available in webmail, appear in my Outlook inbox with no subject and the content has also gone when I open the e-mail up.

This has only happened since installing Bitdefender and it is disconcerting. Had I not viewed the e-mail on webmail, I potentially would not have known A) That they were there and; B ) what they were. At the moment I am having to use a hotmail account because I cannot trust Bitdefender to allow my e-mails through to Outlook without removing the content. Why is this happening?

I have the scan activity bar enabled ... but I see nothing. Where should it be and what should I see ?

Do you not believe that you have overly complicated what was before a simple effective and efficient antivirus software? I share the sentiment of many on here in that you have gone the same way as Norton in creating something that drags the performance of a PC to an extremely low level.

Do you consider it acceptable that your customers are paying for a product that is not fully tested and therefore cannot be fully trusted and therefore puts their PC's / Laptops at risk? I believe it is wrong of you to be counting down the days to license expiry when you have not provided a product that is working for the full duration of that license period. I would welcome your comments on this point.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello babyspicefan ,

We are sorry for any inconveniences that you may encountered using our product . Last week we have released BitDefender 2010 . At this point we recommend you to upgrade to this version in order to overcome the issues that you have experienced . Please follow the steps from the next topic in order to do this and let us know if the same issues occurred .

Thank you .

• Hello babyspicefan ,

We are sorry for any inconveniences that you may encountered using our product . Last week we have released BitDefender 2010 . At this point we recommend you to upgrade to this version in order to overcome the issues that you have experienced . Please follow the steps from the next topic in order to do this and let us know if the same issues occurred .

Thank you .

You have already asked me to previously upgrade to bitdefender Internet Security which I have done. Are you now asking me to change to a third product from your series? I will follow the instructions but I hope that following that, I do not have requirement to post on here for problems with that one.

I would say that last time I upgraded to Internet Security, the registration codes where not delivered to my e-mail address and had to be delivered to an alternative. Will this problem be experienced again?

PS I do like how you have been completely avoided answering any of my questions. Admission of 2 faulty products in my opinion.

• You have already asked me to previously upgrade to bitdefender Internet Security which I have done. Are you now asking me to change to a third product from your series? I will follow the instructions but I hope that following that, I do not have requirement to post on here for problems with that one.

I would say that last time I upgraded to Internet Security, the registration codes where not delivered to my e-mail address and had to be delivered to an alternative. Will this problem be experienced again?

PS I do like how you have been completely avoided answering any of my questions. Admission of 2 faulty products in my opinion.

My disappointment in Bitdefender just continues to grow.

In Bitdefender 2008 you had a product that was simple to use and effective and so I chose to renew my subscription only to be told I would have to install Bitdefender Antivirus 2009. Given that 2008 had, for me anyway, performed well, I chose to install Bitdefender 2009 antivirus.

That was when the problems started. Unable to resolve the issue I had with that product, you upgraded me to Bitdefender Internet Security 2009, which you gleefully told me was a better product and that I should not experience the problems I had with Bitdefender Antivirus 2009. Fair enough I thought and went through the whole process of uninstalling one and installing the other.

I then found that some of my e-mails were disappearing on downloading to Microsoft Outlook.

Okay you said, why not try our newly released Bitdefender 2010, released last week.

I have done so.

My e-mails are disappearing again. Where is Bitdefender sending them between me seeing they are there in webmail and me discovering I can no longer action them because they do not download into Outlook. I have never had this problem before and I am disappointed you have failed to address it in my previous post, instead referring me to yet another upgrade.

Why?

Until this matter is resolved I would like Bitdefender to stop the countdown until my license renewal (Which is the only part of the product I can see that is working properly) As far as I am concerned since 2 August 2009 when I installed the Bitdefender Antivirus 2009, I have had a faulty product. I do not believe you should be charging me for the use of the product until you can prove, not just to me, but to the rest of the people on this forum that you have a product that you can categorically say is working 100% effectively before being launched on the unsuspecting market.