Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender2009 Issues

Options

I have BitDefender 2009 installed on an XP Pro machine and it is worse than a virus. It is in a constant scan mode and I cannot get it to stop. The "Stop Scan" what you would normally see is not there but it is updating the number of files scanned and vsserv.exe is showing as a process in the task list. Re-booting does not help it just continues the scan process.

The CPU utilization is maxed out and the machine is running like a pig!

Any ideas?

Vic

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vic Spainhower ,

We have created a support ticket for this case and an email was sent to you . Please reply with the files that we have asked you .

Thank you .

• Hello Vic Spainhower ,

We have created a support ticket for this case and an email was sent to you . Please reply with the files that we have asked you .

Thank you .

Alex,

I looked at what you are requesting and I'm not going to spend hours on this machine trying to get what you've requested. As I told you the CPU is at 100% and everything takes forever. I'm sure you've seen this problem before as I just read another post (Bitdefender has lost its way) and I'm sure there are others. If you can't get me an answer then tell me so and I'll delete it from my machine and install a product that works!

Vic

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Vic ,

We will gladly help you but , we need to look on these report so that we can tell you exactly what is happening . I assure you that the entire troubleshooting process will not take more then 10 minutes . We are waiting your email with these files attached .

Thank you .

• Vic ,

We will gladly help you but , we need to look on these report so that we can tell you exactly what is happening . I assure you that the entire troubleshooting process will not take more then 10 minutes . We are waiting your email with these files attached .

Thank you .

Alex,

I scanned the entire C drive on the XP machine and did not find SYSDUMP! But I don't believe you need this from me to solve this problem. I just checked my Vista machine and guess what the scan is running. The machine is fast enough where it has not been a problem whereas the XP mach is a P4 machine and this has more impact.

I suggest you look at your own machine (if it's running the same product).

Vic

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vic ,

We recommend you to install BitDefender 2010 following the steps from the next topic : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 . Before you do this , you can follow the steps bellow, in order to generate the sysdump report and send it back to us for analysis , so that we can prevent future incompatibilities that may occur on your system after you install our new product:

1. Save the tool from the next link on your Desktop:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Run it and you will notice that a command prompt window will appear on your screen.

3. Please note that the information gathering process can take a several minutes therefore please wait until the command prompt window disappear by itself. The output of this tool is a new file called sysdump.tar placed in the same location with sysdump.exe .

4. After the file is generated please reply to my email with it attached.

Thank you .

• Hello Vic ,

We recommend you to install BitDefender 2010 following the steps from the next topic : http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 .

Does BitDefender 2010 start a scan every time the computer starts up?

Vic

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vic Spainhower ,

You may set BitDefender 2010 to start a scan every time your computer starts up . Here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok .

2. Click on Antivirus , then click on the Virus Scan tab .

3. Right click on "Auto-logon Scan" and choose "Schedule" .

4. Select the option "At system startup" then select the minutes after , the startup , when Bitdefender will start the scan then click on Ok.

Thank you .

• Hello Vic Spainhower ,

You may set BitDefender 2010 to start a scan every time your computer starts up . Here is what you have to do :

Alex,

I don't want the scan to start every time I re-boot the computer. I want the scan to start at a pre-set time (like 2:00 AM). This is the problem that I'm having with the 2009 version which is causing a serious impact on the performance of the computer. The only time the scan should start is either the pre-set time or when I specifically request a scan.

Is this possible?

Vic

• I'm having a real annoying problem. This vsserve.exe is at 100% and slowing everything down. BD crashes every so often can any one please suggest a solution

• I'm having a real annoying problem. This vsserve.exe is at 100% and slowing everything down. BD crashes every so often can any one please suggest a solution

Yes - remove BD and install a product that works! These guys aren't owning up to the fact they have a real problem here! I've removed BD from 3 machines and in all cases the perormance on each one has had a dramatic improvement. After removing BD I've scanned them with MalwareBytes which found many viruses on each one that had gone undetected with BitDefender 2009.

I'm still undecided whether I should give BitDefender 2010 a go since they have not answered my questions?

Vic

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Vic Spainhower,

On BitDefender 2010 , you can schedule a Deep System Scan for example , at any hour . Here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender , click on the Settings button choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok .

2. Select the Antivirus module and click on the Virus Scan tab.

3. Right click on Deep System Scan and click on Schedule .

4. There select "Periodically " and from "At every" you will have to choose 1 and from the other drop down menu you will have to select what you want-minutes, hours, days, weeks or months.

5. After that select the Start date and the hour(2 A.M.) when the scan will start.

Let us know if everything is working correctly .

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello jose06 ,

Please try upgrading to BitDefender 2010 following the instructions form the next topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=14997 and let us know if you have the same issues after that .

Thank you .

• vicspain
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hello Vic Spainhower,

On BitDefender 2010 , you can schedule a Deep System Scan for example , at any hour . Here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender , click on the Settings button choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok .

4. There select "Periodically " and from "At every" you will have to choose 1 and from the other drop down menu you will have to select what you want-minutes, hours, days, weeks or months.

5. After that select the Start date and the hour(2 A.M.) when the scan will start.

Alex,

OK - I've updated 2 of my machines (1 Vista and 1 XP) and in both cases after the install and BitDefender restarts the computer it does not shut down and I've had to force the shutdown (holding down the power button). What gives Here?? I've not tried a normal shutdown to see if this is a 1 time event as the Vista Deep scan is still going on (3.5 hours).

Vic

• vicspain
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hello Vic Spainhower,

Alex,

OK - On the XP machine it did a system scan and I re-booted afterward and it did shut down normally. However, there is still a problem where vsserv is running when the computer starts up. I assume it is scanning but unlike the 2009 version there is not counter on any of the TABS that I can find. What gives, is this problem NOT fixed in the 2010 version??

Vic

• vicspain
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Hello Vic Spainhower,

Alex -

I take that back there is a number of scanned files counter and it is incrementing all but very SLOWLY!

Vic

• greeting vic,

I have the same problems - both of my computers are P4's running XP Home Edition. I'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2009 which at times grinds to a complete halt and freezes - something always seems to be going on "behind the scenes" however I can't for the life of me figure out what is happening. I had the 2008 version and was very happy, now, all I want to do (the majority of the time) is boot my laptop down the hill and throw my tower after it as a chaser!!! Slow, Slow, Slow......Freeze - the new story of my life. Anyone have any ideas?

Chris

• Would love to be of help - but as you may see from my attempts at getting help today, my 2009 Total Security is frozen where it counts. I have not had this problem before. But maybe you can help me. Is there anything that can be done to get it to move past the freeze? I've tried to get help on this forum but none so far. Tried turning the computer on and off and on. Nothing. Can't run any scans. Any ideas?

• Would love to be of help - but as you may see from my attempts at getting help today, my 2009 Total Security is frozen where it counts. I have not had this problem before. But maybe you can help me. Is there anything that can be done to get it to move past the freeze? I've tried to get help on this forum but none so far. Tried turning the computer on and off and on. Nothing. Can't run any scans. Any ideas?

Jenandgeege - I replied to this message on your thread.

Vic

• greeting vic,

I have the same problems - both of my computers are P4's running XP Home Edition. I'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2009 which at times grinds to a complete halt and freezes - something always seems to be going on "behind the scenes" however I can't for the life of me figure out what is happening. I had the 2008 version and was very happy, now, all I want to do (the majority of the time) is boot my laptop down the hill and throw my tower after it as a chaser!!! Slow, Slow, Slow......Freeze - the new story of my life. Anyone have any ideas?

Chris

Chris - See the message I just left on the thread started by Jeeandgeege, it may also apply to you!

Vic