Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Freeze When Bitdefender 2009 Startup

Options

Goodday,

I installed BitDefender 2009 the demo version on my computer.

When the wizard appeard on the next startup and i completed it.

I updated it and after a restart. The computer freeze when BitDefender tryd to startup.

When i turned off the service in safe mode. He starts up just fine.

I tryd to install on another computer, no problem.

Its only on my laptop.

My laptop is running on Windows Vista Home Edition (Clean install, windows up-to-date)

I rly need help bcoz my laptop is not protected against Virusses now.

Thanks,

Alexw

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=5116" data-fileid="5116" rel="">hijackthis.log

Comments

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi

this problem could occur if you have conflicts in your software. Uninstall all of your Internet Security software.

Hemanth

• Alexw
    Options
    Hi

this problem could occur if you have conflicts in your software. Uninstall all of your Internet Security software.

Hemanth

I dont have any Internet Security on.

I even disabled Windows Defender. He reported that he is offline.

Its an clean install. So i dont have anything else running.

Alexw

• Hi all,

This is exactly what I'm getting on my 2 pcs, although they are both XP Home.

The installation process is fine and all reboots asked for during the installation work fine. However, reboot again and the PC just hangs there (although I think it's actually booting very very slowly as I left one machine 'hanging' while I went to work and it seemed to be OK when I got back 8 hours later - and of course I immediately rebooted it to see what would happen and it hung again!).

Booting into safe mode, stopping all the bitdefender services in msconfig and rebooting seems to get you back into normal windows OK, but this is not something I wish to do everytime I turn on my computers.

At time of writing, one of my PCs has been booting for 36mins.....

Please help

• hnyaji
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi

the booting is slow because BD is taking sufficiently long time to scan the files during booting. This could happen if you have virus in your system. Once you have logged on, scan with BD. Instead you could scan with a bootable anti-virus CD.

There are many free bootable anti-virus. Try the following link to find some of them.

http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-ant...-download-list/

Try out Kaspersky (http://dnl-eu10.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/RescueDisk/) or BD.

Hemanth

• Hi

the booting is slow because BD is taking sufficiently long time to scan the files during booting. This could happen if you have virus in your system. Once you have logged on, scan with BD. Instead you could scan with a bootable anti-virus CD.

Hemanth

Thanks for commenting.

The PC in question was given a full BD scan before it was rebooted and no problems were found.

I've raised this with support and will (hopefully) post the resolution here. Meanwhile, I've reinstalled BD and I'll see how long I can go without rebooting!

• hnyaji
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi

try a scan with another antivirus probably with a bootable Kaspersky.

Hemanth

• Hi

try a scan with another antivirus probably with a bootable Kaspersky.

Hemanth

Kaspersky didn't find anything. I'm currently using trial versions of BD 2008, which is working OK, and awaiting support's response.

• hnyaji
    Options

Hi Kurt,

try to keep 2008 for a while if it is working fine! There is not much difference between 2008 and 2009 versions of BD.

Hemanth

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Kurt Panzer and Alexw,

The most efficient way of pinpointing the cause of this type of issue is by analyzing some reports that were generated on your computer. Thus we have created support tickets for both of you and sent some troubleshooting steps by e-mail a couple of minutes ago - please be so kind as to reply to my message when you have the time by attaching the reports that were generated.

For Kurt Panzer your ticket ID is 200905061007699 and for Alexw you have ticket ID 200905061007706 .

Thank you!

• Thanks Diana, I've just emailed you the logs.

• Heads up everybody. The Zone Alarm free firewall is utterly incompatible with Bitdefender 2009.

Many thanks to Diana for interpreting my logs so quickly.

• andrewc
    Options

Hi, I had this same problem as well where the PC would freeze just after log in, both before and after a restore on an Asus laptop (vista ultimate) but after uninstalling the Asus data security program that came pre installed fixed the issue.

• The freezing is nearly always due to old AV software not being fully removed. Check to make sure this has been done, and then run the BD Removal tool and reinstall. :rolleyes:

• asa
    Options

Hi all,

I'm having the exact same problem (although mine is a paid version not a demo - doubt that makes a difference). I'll try to remove any old AV products that I've forgotten about using Safe Mode - I'll report back if it works :)

• asa
    Options

Ah, all sorted. Wonderful

• I have just made a clean install of Windows XP home and updated it to SP3 with all patches. I tried to install BD 2009 and on reboot the entire computer freezes. I have no other programs installed other than MB drivers and Graphic Drivers. So this is a BD problem, not some other AV on the computer. I am half temped to uninstall BD from it. I have it running fine on my other computer which is running XP pro.

Do this program conflict with the Windows Firewall which is on when installing or is it a bad version that installs.

Thanks for any answers.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options
    I have just made a clean install of Windows XP home and updated it to SP3 with all patches. I tried to install BD 2009 and on reboot the entire computer freezes. I have no other programs installed other than MB drivers and Graphic Drivers. So this is a BD problem, not some other AV on the computer. I am half temped to uninstall BD from it. I have it running fine on my other computer which is running XP pro.

Do this program conflict with the Windows Firewall which is on when installing or is it a bad version that installs.

Thanks for any answers.

Hello Scott J ,

Let us have a look on some logs generated on your computer. We have sent you an email that will help you run our diagnoses tools and we are waiting your reply with the files that we need attached .

Thank you .

• Hello Scott J ,

Let us have a look on some logs generated on your computer. We have sent you an email that will help you run our diagnoses tools and we are waiting your reply with the files that we need attached .

Thank you .

I will see about the logs tonight. I had to hack the registry for the Bitdefender startup routines, so they would not start. Windows then started fine. I then manually started Bitdender and it ran fine. So it must conflicting with something during startup. The problem is that it locks the computer after about 5 to 10 seconds after I select the log in user. After that I can't do anything except a hard restart of the computer.

Scott.

• I will see about the logs tonight. I had to hack the registry for the Bitdefender startup routines, so they would not start. Windows then started fine. I then manually started Bitdender and it ran fine. So it must conflicting with something during startup. The problem is that it locks the computer after about 5 to 10 seconds after I select the log in user. After that I can't do anything except a hard restart of the computer.

Scott.

Here is the solution for bitdefender freezing during or after installation on Windows Vista.

This happened to me. The Windows Vista keeps freezing randomly!!

I downloaded a trial version of BD to try it before buying the product! I initially hated the fact of freezing and having to do hard-rest everytime!!!

I uninstalled BD, NO MORE freezing!!

I found that the problem is a conflict between Windows Vista firewall system and BD.

Make sure you --> MANUALLY <-- disable ALL windows built security programs.

Go to control pannel and click on Security Center

1. Choose Firewall

- Make sure its disabled.

- under exceptions tab make ALL boxes are UNCHECKED

2. Ensure that windows defender is DIASBLED

3. Ensure that malware protection is DISABLED

Re-install BD, now you shouldn't have anymore freezing!

Working 100% perfect for me!

Let us know if this works for you.!

Take care,

• Hi everyone!

Now after you have installed a fresh version of BD it wants you to reboot but you need to give it time to scan the startup for you.

Now the tech guys wud know better that what exactly is going on after u restart ur computer the first time.

According to my judgement it is running the startup scan which is a deep scan so it can find and clean out any malicious software or activity on startup. So what im saying is just give it sometime to finish the scan.

And if this the case this question is to Alex or Diana from TECHNICAL SUPPORT that if there is scan on startup it should be visible so it doesnt look like the computer is frozen rather than its just scanning in the background and for users it looks like the computer just froze and isnt doing anything. (Note: Guys u cannot really go wid ur HDD lights all the time to see if ur computer is busy. I know its a smart way to see if u dont have any GUI to check the system status but it not recommended or the best way)

Secondly if it is a slow startup at first restart. Let it do its job dont hard reset ur computer coz it might be in the process of doing the scan and everytime u r restarting it just want to scan the startup for the first time. Wait and after ur logged in restart it one more time and see if it takes the same time this time.

In any case i just recommend u guys to be calm, run the upgrade once ur logged in and do a deep system scan so any problems can be fixed and make the boot time faster.

Regards,

Richard Jackson