Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2010 Not Working On Vista Machine

Options

I don't know what is up with the other forum where the 2010 subforum is. It should just be located here.

Anyways. After Installing BD 2010 AV, our laptop which has Vista Home started to run like an old 386. Nothing was taking the processor but the computer was just VERY slow. No matter how many times I rebooted.

If I tried uninstalling BD, I would get error messages saying "make sure you have permission to remove this file" or something like that.

After trying to uninstall it from Windows Uninstall Utility, BDs Uninstall Feature and Bitdefender Uninstall Tool, without success, I had to forcefully terminate the services using a zerowave and then forcefully remove all the files with Unlocker.

After that, CCleaner took care of the empty registry entries and misc files left behind.

BD screwed up some appraisal software on the laptop which was fixed after forcefully removing BD

Are there any other related issues with Vista?

Comments

• Opps, I completely missed the 2010 Forum at the bottom of the Forum list. Darn it. Sorry

Could someone move this thread? Thanks

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello JGray152,

In order to be able to investigate this sittuation we have created you a support ticket :200909021004158 and an email was sent to you, with the steps that you need to follow in order to run some special diagnose tools from our website . Please reply to our email with the reports that will be generated on your system.

Thank you .

• Thanks for the reply. Later today I will send the diagnostic info. I gata go to work.

• Should I reinstall BD on the vista machine and then gather reports?

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hello JGray152,

You can send us a set of reports before you install BitDefender and another one after you install it.

Thank you .

• Ok will do.