Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Im Fed Up With Bitdefender 2

Options
I installed BitDefender 2010 Internet Security (evaluation version), but after 2 weeks I decided not to buy the licence because:

1. The update of virus definitions did not work until I went through tweaking the BitDefender firewall (it doesn't allow itself to access Internet).

2. Once the updates were done and the firewall settings modified, the CPU usage is constantly close to 100%. Even after several reboots, processes seccenter.exe and VSSERV.exe remain on the top of the most CPU-consuming processes.

3. When logging in, BitDefender apparently causes Microsoft's "Genuine Advantage" spying thing to crash.

4. Lastly a pop-up window at startup says "BitDefender services are not answering".

(Some of the names and messages are translated from French, but you get the idea)

That's enough for me. All those excellent reviews on the web were probably paid for and the reviewers never really tried the thing themselves.

Hi I would like to know when there will be a good working version of bitdefender. I started with 2008 first update it failed I was told to install 2009 to fix my problems this made things worse. Next I was told to update to 2010 that would fix the problems well I waited a bit to see how others found it and no way will I put that on my pc. I have not used the program in 2 or 3 months now as I gave up on it. One thing I wanted fixed was the constant scan activity window coming up but I see that error is still there in 2010. I think that if you have a program you should not have to give constant work arounds to make it work.

Hammey

i agree with you both ,your correct is why they locked your post they don't like criticism, they may well think that it don't help people here but when a corporate company don't act quickly to fix things this ain't just this release we are talking about here they did exactly the same for the last 3 years that i'm aware of, why?????they should learn for our comments good or bad and change the way they work not keep repeating the same things ,Finally criticism should be welcomed not restricted or silenced,by closing posts ect,it is surely better that the brown stuff hit's the fan here than elsewhere on the Internet is it not? and should you not see my point then stop releasing products that are not fit for purpose, thank you

Comments

• pcbugfixer
    Options
    i agree with you both ,your correct is why they locked your post they don't like criticism, they may well think that it don't help people here but when a corporate company don't act quickly to fix things this ain't just this release we are talking about here they did exactly the same for the last 3 years that i'm aware of, why?????they should learn for our comments good or bad and change the way they work not keep repeating the same things ,Finally criticism should be welcomed not restricted or silenced,by closing posts ect,it is surely better that the brown stuff hit's the fan here than elsewhere on the Internet is it not? and should you not see my point then stop releasing products that are not fit for purpose, thank you

G'Day Folks,

At times it seems we get who is who and who does what, in relation to a Forum and the involvement of the Publisher of the product that the Forum is said to represent. mixed up.

1. The Forum Moderators, I suggest, act independently on their own volition, and their opinion does not, in the majority of cases, represent the opinion or resemble any policy of BitDefender the Company.

2. As the Forum is suggested to be independent, which I believe it is, we sometimes get Moderators who release their frustrations and personal inabilities by applying an arbitrary censorship on a post, to impose their perceived authority which otherwise in their day to day activity they cannot do, as they have no authority elsewhere and let out their frustrations in this manner.

Doing so, now appears as though the Moderator my be acting on behalf of BitDefender, when in fact he or she, 'Is NOT" i.e. acting on behalf of BitDefender, and is merrily imposing his or her own opinion and misguided judgment by censoring the post, in an attempt to impose the perceived "Authority!" and make you believe that their action is sanctioned or approved in some manner by the Program Publishers Company, which again I suggest, "It is NOT."

3. I have seen Moderators simply close a Topic for what appears to be no other reason, than not agreeing with a reply, or not coping with the fact that the reply or action posted by the Moderator, was wrong, and or off topic sidetracking the issue and attempting to justify their incorrect posted reply, then closing the topic and or removing it in an attempt to hide their immature behavior!

4. As I am able to directly communicate with the Australian Distributor of BitDefender and the Romanian Head Office, I am able to solve most issues very quickly and understand the frustrations that Forum Members have, believing that by posting a problem on this Forum, that they will receive help directly from the BitDefender Publishes Support Department, "Which this is not the case."

Posts on this Forum may be read and or monitored by the BD Support Department Staff, however most of the replies and solutions suggested are written and posted by other Members of this Forum and not by BD's Support Staff.

5. Having performed many installations of BD software on a large variety of PC's and diverse installations of Operating systems and Application Software, I am also aware of the misguided methods that some Users have of the software they install with particular reference to PC Security type applications and the multiple installation of different publishers security type software, which include Anti -Virus, -Malware, -Trojan, - Spyware, -Adware, and Firewalls, etc., not corretly un\installing them or just deleting them, without understanding the consequences of their actions when one defeats the purpose and interferes with the other, ending up with a mess (only because of their own actions) and now blaming the last installation for not working correctly.

OK, I have seen this happen and then when I have a Customer sit next to me while I clean out the bad installations and then correctly use the supplied tools to clean out the registry of the remaining bad entries (cleaning tools are nowadays supplied by all the large Publishers of Security Programs) re-booting several times to validate the changes of the Registry before I attempt to re-install whatever BD or other Security program we need to install, ensuring that NO OTHER similar programs are actively running i.e. loaded at start-up and visible as a system Icon (TSR) on the right hand side of the Start Bar) while we install a new Security Suite.

6. It should also be noted that of all the Security Suits, BitDefender ranks very highly in the "Top 10" independent survey reports and has one, if not the highest detection, thus prevention, rates of parasite intrusions (Parasites = any virus or the like infiltration attempts into a PC system)

"The Best Security Suits for 2010" as posted by "PC Magazine, August 24, 2009" is just one of many articles and Test reports which place BitDefender in the forefront and suggest that it is Number , having the best detection rate of any other similar program suits. Ah yes, I can read may other similar report articles which might place another publishers program as number 1, however we must apply our own experience to these reports and judge these accordingly!

Other similar articles can be reviewed on "Firewall Guides - firewallguide.com" or the "TopTenReviews - internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com "Which Rank BitDefender as Number 1"

In Conclusion:

May I suggest you reevaluate your comments and opinions and to whom and how you direct them in what appears to be a reply indicative of narrowed experience!

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Had a PC malfunction and somehow duplicated the post - please disregard the 1st and read the 2nd posted reply NB: the 2nd hyperling on the final paragraph did not enter correctly and you need to copy the URL to load it - Thanks

I have asked the Moderators to remove the " Today, 10:47 AM" post.

:ph34r:

Editing function is not working - URL link is http://internet-security-suite-review.toptenreviews.com/ :D

• dave r
    edited September 2009
    Options

well you obviously have not read my other posts then, you mention the support, i have had a better response from a techy from this forum than the idiot i got from the live chat, and reading these forums you would also know that the support leaves a lot to be desired, as for other software conflicting, in some cases yes,but if the associated services /processes are not running then should not cause a conflict, but in my case all worked without problems with the 2008 product??

and for your info, the other security app on my pc don't run at start up, nor does it run in the background, i use for the occasional on demand manual scan,afterwards it is disabled again, as this pro,and 2008 ect, are not 100% effective ,particularly the antispyware side of things, bit defender fails to detect, remove some of these beasties, i only found one earlier with it,i used to think bit defender was the best but not anymore

• pcbugfixer
    pcbugfixer ✭✭✭
    edited September 2009
    Options

Likewise davey,

Read some of my posts and Pinned notes and I am not a Moderator on this or any other Forum.

The observations you note about TSR's i.e. "and for your info, the other security app on my pc don't run at start up, nor does it run in the background, i use for the occasional on demand manual scan, afterwards it is disabled again, ....." are obvious if you know how to install multiple security type scanners and disable their startup components e.g. the Resident "TeaTimer" from SpyBot S&D or the "Ad-Watch" from Ad-Aware or other similar TSR's (Terminate Stay Resident) components of other security suits or scanners.

We in fact have 16 different types of these installed for support purposes and the only active "Resident" Security on each Workstation is BDTS or BDIS from versions 2008 to 2010.

As to your comment regarding ".... as this pro,and 2008 ect, are not 100% effective ,particularly the antispyware side of things, bit defender fails to detect, remove some of these beasties, i only found one earlier with it,i used to think bit defender was the best but not anymore ...." Not one (any) of the available Anti-Virus / Anti- "anything"/ Internet Security Suites type programs will, nor can they, give you 100% protection against all possible parasite threats. BD does not nor does any other publisher make such a claim, and they would be foolish to do so!

Nor will or are, all of the existing Programs on the market, capable of removing every parasite that infiltrated a PC. Again, none of them make such a claim, so suggesting that BD 2008 failed to remove one, leaves the topic open to scrutiny with regard to it's proper installation, in view of the comments of installation issues reported on this and any other Forum of this type.

If you need me to read your other posts, I should also refer you to the other Security / Anti Virus Publishers Forum Sites where its members make similar derogatory remarks about them.

This or any other Forum I thought to be, where one could express an opinion without someone thinking that the posted remarks and observation are a personal attack on the individual, nor are they a vehicle to perpetuate a competition of "Mine is bigger than yours" type scenario.

Then again, no one is trying to teach you to "###### eggs" so to speak, most people simply make better observations and make or give more meaningful suggestions on solving or giving possible reasons for the issues or particular problem at hand.

Happy Computing Folks. :ph34r:

• Vexo
    edited September 2009
    Options

you know when BD will be the best AV out there?

when i see that sometime in my life BD has won in av-comparatives.org test a proactive test nr #1

if i see this then i know that BD has best engine and strongest out there in detection rate.

BTW the test is about to release soon, every 3 month's.

Good Luck BD2010

• Well I better explain Alex and the rest of the people that help out here are great and do everything they can to help. It is not there program they are just trying to give some support. My comment was simply to state the problems I have had with the product and no I will not be trying 2010 as I don’t have the time to play with an av program. Locking the post is not a big deal and I agree with him doing it, it was the first post I have ever had locked and I did not start it. So yes you can state the problems you have had with bitdefender but remember it’s only a av program nothing to get upset or mean about.

Hammey