Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Chrome And Ids

Options

Hey

When I have the IDS enabled in the firewall, chrome freeze/locks the UI, every time I open a new tab, if I disable the IDS it don't.

I'm running Windows 7 RTM and BitDefender Internet Security 2010.

Someone who has the same problem or know a solution to the problem?

Aesh

Comments

• Same here, running XP SP3 and TS2010.

This sould be fixed asap !!!

• I had the same problem. I'm running Chrome in Vista SP2 32bit. I had to disable IDS.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello all,

For start, please let us know what version of Google Chrome are you using. After that open BitDefender in Expert Mode, select the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab, click on the Advanced Settings button and perform the following tests:

1. Temporarily disable this feature and look if Google Chrome is working ok.

2. Add to exceptions the main executable file of Google Chrome, chrome.exe under the Active Virus Control Exclusion section and test what happens after that .

3. If the above steps did not bring any changes, disable the BitDefender Real Time Protection and look if the same issues occurs with Google Chrome.

Thank you .

• Hello all,

For start, please let us know what version of Google Chrome are you using. After that open BitDefender in Expert Mode, select the Antivirus module and under the Shield tab, click on the Advanced Settings button and perform the following tests:

1. Temporarily disable this feature and look if Google Chrome is working ok.

2. Add to exceptions the main executable file of Google Chrome, chrome.exe under the Active Virus Control Exclusion section and test what happens after that .

3. If the above steps did not bring any changes, disable the BitDefender Real Time Protection and look if the same issues occurs with Google Chrome.

Thank you .

You DON'T have to disable the Intrusion Detection. Just follow step 2 above. Use the plus button to "Adds a new executable to the excluded applications list".

Chrome is found at :

C:\Documents and Settings\[user Account Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\Chrome.exe

This will solve the problem. :rolleyes: