[solved] Uploading Taking Twice As Long With Bitdefender 2010
BD product: BD 2010 - Trial
OS: Win XP Home
I am currently trialing DB 2010 (after uninstalling Zone Alarm pro after several years) as I am looking for a more reliable firewall.
However, since installing BD 2010 trial, I am now having problems when uploading to my file host account. I am using Rapidshare Manager to upload, but uploads are interupted aprox every 30 seconds by Bit Defender for 30 seconds at a time (aprox), so my uploads take twice as long to complete as they did prior to installing BD.
So here is the current scenario:
- RS Manager is open, and is uploading a file. The max upload speed is set at 64kbps.
- The file is uploading fine at around 64 kbps - but only for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds the file stops uploading (upload speed is 0 kbps)
- Whilst the file is stopped, in Bit Defender 2010 Firewall under 'Settings' it is showing Outgoing around 65-70kbps (my max upload speed) - this lasts for about 30 seconds, then drops back to 0 kbps
- Whilst Bit Defender 2010 is showing Outgoing traffic of 66-70 kbps, my RapidShare Manager upload speed is 0kbps
- Whilst Bit Defender 2010 is showing Outgoing traffic of 0 kbps, my RapidShare Manager upload speed is 64 kbps
So you see, my uploads start for aprox 30 seconds, then stop for aprox 30 seconds, then start again for 30 seconds, then stop, etc, etc. and files are taking twice as long to upload.
- I have found that if I lower my upload speed in RS Manager to, say, 32 kbps, uploads are still interupted every 30 seconds, and Bit Defender 2010 still shows Outgoing at aprox 66-70 kbps, but for just around 15 seconds at a time (during which time my RS Manager upload again drops to 0 kbps for about 15 seconds, before resuming at 32 kbps for 30 seconds).
I would appreciate any advice on how to resolve this
Many thanks in advance
All Time Leaders
- 1.6K All Categories
- 652 Windows
- 75 Mac
- 289 Mobile Security
- 174 VPN
- 243 Central & Subscriptions
- 274 Other Products & Services
- 62 Security Research Team
- 111 Product features and Ideation
- 96 Enterprise Security
- 501 General Topics
- 110 News & Blogs
- 4.8K Home & home office protection
- 24.2K Old forum topics