Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Modules Disabled

Options
jcmn
jcmn ✭✭✭

Hi

Occasionally booting my computer I get the information that some modules are disabled. If I try to enable the tick marks are inaccessible (dimmed). The only way to enable is to reboot again.

Why does this happen?

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited July 2007
    Options

Hi Nunes,

I also get, sometimes, those warnings.

But the solution is not a full reboot. You just have to close BitDefender Management Console (right click on BD icon in TRAY and select Exit) and re-open it again from your Desktop (or StartMenu).

I don't know what causes this behaviour, but I assume it's related to a problem in BD communicating with the other modules.

Cris.

• jcmn
    jcmn ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Cris

Next time it happens I will do as you suggest.

• jcmn
    jcmn ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

A second question:

This disable issue doesn't mean that bitdefender is not securying our OS?

And if a real threat tries to disable bitdefender, has BD ways to protect itself?

• alexcrist
    Options
    This disable issue doesn't mean that bitdefender is not securying our OS?

BitDefender, in the situation that you descibe, is not really disabled. It's just a failure of communication between BD modules. Once you restart BitDefender Management Console, you'll see everything is back to normal, and all modules are online.

And if a real threat tries to disable bitdefender, has BD ways to protect itself?

As far as I know, BD doesn't currently have this feature. But I can tell you that BD v11 will be released in a few months (it is already in BETA phase). BD v11 will have a Self-Defence module.

Cris.