Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv Blocks Windows Xp Programs

Options

:( The last weeks I noticed that standard Windows XP prgrams are not running anymore, like ipconfig.exe, Remove Hardware (hotplug.dll) and the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (shimgvw.dll) . The message windows is giving is:

Error loading hotplug.dll The system cannot find the file specified.

Well: this file is present in windows/system32

Disabling the virusscanner solves this problem.

I think this is a serious issue with the Bitdefender program.

Maybe there are more programs behaving like the ones I mentioned.

Putting ipconfig.exe in the exceptions list solves the problem also, but thisi is not the way to go !!!

Renso

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello renso,

Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok. Click on the Antivirus module then click on the Advanced Settings button under the Shield tab. Disable Active Virus Control and then click on Ok.

Let us know if the same issue occurs after that .

Thank you .

• Hello renso,

Open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok. Click on the Antivirus module then click on the Advanced Settings button under the Shield tab. Disable Active Virus Control and then click on Ok.

Let us know if the same issue occurs after that .

Thank you .

Alex,

Disabling Active Virus Control solves the problem. But this is still not the way to go!

Putting the dll in the exceptions list does not help. Putting ipconfig.exe in the exceptions list works OK

If you have any further questions please say so

Renso