Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2010 Refund

Options

I was just wondering if it was possible to get a refund on the BD anti-virus 2010. The reason I want to return it is I have had it for a little over three weeks and has steadily caused problems such as randomly crashing on the desktop, randomly crashing in games, crashing when updating, large system resources being used, and also now in the last week has started to block certain web pages that I know where clean to not load at all. I was dealing with the random crashes but now with the web pages not loading at all it was enough for me. So I just wanted to know if it was possible to get a refund on my BD anti-virus. Thank you.

Comments

• I was just wondering if it was possible to get a refund on the BD anti-virus 2010. The reason I want to return it is I have had it for a little over three weeks and has steadily caused problems such as randomly crashing on the desktop, randomly crashing in games, crashing when updating, large system resources being used, and also now in the last week has started to block certain web pages that I know where clean to not load at all. I was dealing with the random crashes but now with the web pages not loading at all it was enough for me. So I just wanted to know if it was possible to get a refund on my BD anti-virus. Thank you.

I too still have issues with the program that I purchased for 3 family PCs I too am looking now to another program as BDIS is just not allowing mega manager to download, it is even reducing speed of direct http downloads and general browsing.

I have cleaned down my systems do factory default installs and still have the same issues.

I have already started a thread detailing the issues I have encountered.

I too am looking for a refund

A very unhappy customer.

• I too still have issues with the program that I purchased for 3 family PCs I too am looking now to another program as BDIS is just not allowing mega manager to download, it is even reducing speed of direct http downloads and general browsing.

I have cleaned down my systems do factory default installs and still have the same issues.

I have already started a thread detailing the issues I have encountered.

I too am looking for a refund

A very unhappy customer.

Yea I really want to get an answer too but nobody else really wants to respond.

• Chesda
    edited November 2009
    Options

Please consult a Live Support Team for more information / see if your eligible for a refund

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/

I think BD is not the issue here, according to your first post. Have you tried:

• Using in to game mode feature when playing games?
    • Resetting your firewall profile, and allowing Mega Uploader and Web Browser access to connect to your computer?
    • Disabling parental control / adding website exclusion (there is a reason why BD would block suspected websites - it may be a false positive but could you please give us the URL to the sites)

Having said that, hen i moved to BDIS 08 there were still alot of bugs, but they were soon fixed by a few updates. I suggest you be patient and wait a few weeks for the BD team to patch these. In a meantime you could help the support team by sending them a diagnostic of your system using the BD scanning tools.

I need more information before i attempt to resolve these problems:

• When your computer crashes during the update procedure / normal desktop operations / gaming, is there any error messages by Windows or BD?
    • A screenshot of your firewall rules
    • Full System Specs and BD version
    • Have you got viruses before
  • Yea I really want to get an answer too but nobody else really wants to respond.

This is something that i have looked into, and believe it or not the company that you purchased it from

I.E Amazon etc, is whom you have a contract with,and if the product is Not Fit For Purpose

then they should accept that and upon return of the package that you received they should refund your money paid, However if you purchased via renewal online then i would imagine that would be down to bit defender this is the situation in the U.K.

• truebrit3
    edited November 2009
    Options

I have indeed tried all of the solutions that I was able to find on here, however BDIS just seems to squeeze my internet connection and use up my system performance , i have now installed a different product that works out of box with no problems.

This is why I'm asking for a refund I purchased 2 years protection that I cannot use, and I have had to purchase a different product to do the job that BDIS was supposed to do.

• I have indeed tried all of the solutions that I was able to find on here, however BDIS just seems to squeeze my internet connection and use up my system performance , i have now installed a different product that works out of box with no problems.

This is why I'm asking for a refund I purchased 2 years protection that I cannot use, and I have had to purchase a different product to do the job that BDIS was supposed to do.

Does anyone know who I need to speak to about this, I ahbe only 1 computer in my home network of 4 computers that is running internet apps correctly, I am also the proud owner of a BDIS 2010 3 pc 2year subscription that is worthless for me at this time.

• If a Refund isnot possible

Shouldnot PAYING Customers receive an Extension to their License , due to the Months having a Faulty Produkt ?

We have Paid for a Produkt = Bdefender = License ,

Not to be Paying Beta testers to resolve all the bugs or to make 1 workaround after the other,to even use this programme,or am I going mad