Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Scan In Safe Mode

Options

What happened to the option to do a virus scan in safe mode with BD2010 antivirus? The option used to be on the start menu->Bitdefender2010, but it's not on any of my computers anymore. Surely after finally including this most useful option they have not decided to do away with it!!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hello kninejim,

This option is still available in our 2010 product . Please click on Start from Windows, choose All Programs ->BitDefender 2010 and then select BitDefender Manual Scan. After that a new BitDefender window will be displayed. Click on the Add Folder button select the folder/partition that you want to scan then click on Ok . Click on Continue after that and the scan will start.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

post-24948-1257764635_thumb.jpg

• Ivo
    Options
    Hello kninejim,

This option is still available in our 2010 product . Please click on Start from Windows, choose All Programs ->BitDefender 2010 and then select BitDefender Manual Scan. After that a new BitDefender window will be displayed. Click on the Add Folder button select the folder/partition that you want to scan then click on Ok . Click on Continue after that and the scan will start.

Thank you.

Hey, I am running Windows 7 x64 and do not have this option in my start menu. Is this by design or fault?

• Hello kninejim,

Thank you.

I also am having the problem of not being to scan in safemode.... I'm assuming the above instructions are for when you are already in safemode????

when I am in safemode, and try to run bitdefender, it gives me a vsserv.exe is not available at this time or something like that... then askes me to restart computer... same thing after restart... as long as i'm in safemode, BD just doesn't run.

i'm using XP32 SP3 running BD internet security 2010

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello pkw1 and Ivo,

The BitDefender Manual Scan is available on all operating systems. In order to see why this option is not listed on your system, please click on Start , choose All Programs, then click on the BitDefender 2010 folder. We would like you to take a screen-shot of this window, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

If you want to run a BitDefender Manual Scan, you can browse to the next location from your computer : C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010 and double click on the uiscan.exe file. Choose the folder/partition that you want to scan and proceed with this action.

Thank you.

• Hi Alex,

when i go to All Programes, BitDefender 2010, it only has the 4 items:

-BD 2010

-BD 2010 help

-Readme

-Repair or Remove

but the uiscan.exe way of manually triggering the scan does work.

thanks for your reply