Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sending Emails With Attachments Will Not Complete...

Options

Every time I send an email with an attachment larger than 1 mb or so, the send will not complete. It will resend the email continually as long as it's in my outbox, but it never leaves my outbox. If I disable bitdefender 2010 the emails sends properly. What's the fix?

Comments

• Never mind... I found the fix. I just uninstalled my two year subscription of BitDefender 2010 and installed Kaspersky 2010. It's just not worth the headache. The update hung constantly and every once in a while I'd notice that the program was not even up and running. Too much to deal with for a program that's supposed to be protecting my computer.

Every time I send an email with an attachment larger than 1 mb or so, the send will not complete. It will resend the email continually as long as it's in my outbox, but it never leaves my outbox. If I disable bitdefender 2010 the emails sends properly. What's the fix?
  • Never mind... I found the fix. I just uninstalled my two year subscription of BitDefender 2010 and installed Kaspersky 2010. It's just not worth the headache. The update hung constantly and every once in a while I'd notice that the program was not even up and running. Too much to deal with for a program that's supposed to be protecting my computer.

Believe me golfer, I feel your pain. I have the same problem - and since I use dial-up (yes, there are still a few of us out there), sending outgoing e-mails with attachments can try anyone's patience.

In my case, I have to repeatedly hit the "Wait" button when told that my mail server is not responding, and I am asked whether or not I want to continue. As long as information is still being sent, the e-mail is still going through.

Yet there is a way to disable the scanning process for outgoing e-mails, and this seemed to help me for e-mails with large attachments:

In expert mode, go to the Antivirus/Shield screen.

Click on the Custom Level button, and then uncheck the "Scan outgoing e-mail" option, and click "OK".

I always go back and re-check it after I'm done however, since I don't want anything to slip through undetected that might have been forwarded to me.

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this software - and in a lot of ways it is a vast improvement over what I've used in the past.

You shouldn't give up so quickly on it - and I'm surprising myself by saying this.

Hope this helps...

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello golfer393 and Fred5000,

We are aware of this issue and currently, it is analyzed by my colleagues from the Testing team . As Fred said, until a permanent fix is released you can uncheck the "Scan outgoing e-mail" option under Antivirus-> Shield->Custom Level. There are some sittuation when unchecking this option have no effect. Bellow, you will find the steps that will help you disable the BitDefender file which is responsible for the scanning of outgoing emails. The first part of these instructions, will help you set BitDefender to download only the virus signatures updates. After we rename the file, in case we do not set this option, BitDefender will re-download the file which we will disabled . Here is what you have to do :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and click on the Update module. Click on the tab called Settings.

2. Under "Confirm update" click on the option called "Prompt before downloading updates " and under "Manual Update Settings " click on the same option "Prompt before downloading updates " .

3. After you do this click on the button called Apply . Now, whenever you will update you will have to choose only the Signatures updates and then click on Ok.

Here are the steps that will help you rename the file :

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode.

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Go to the next location C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

and rename the files "bdsmtpp.dll" in "bdsmtpp.d_" .

3. Restart your computer in Normal Mode and let us know if you still have the same issue .

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and we rest at your disposal for any further details that you might need.

Thank you.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello all,

I forgot to mention that in some cases, changing the Server Time out of the email client solves this issue. So, before trying the steps above, you should also try this action. In order perform this change for Outlook 2007 , open this email client go to - Tools - Account Settings - double click default account - click More settings - click on Advanced Tab - change Server Time out to at least 10 minutes .

Thank you.