Bd Cannot Connect To The Internet

Hi,

I just upgraded to BD Internet Security 2010 and it is trying to do Microsoft Critical Updates but it says that it can't connect to the Internet and for me to check the connections. Well, I *am* connected to the Internet (broadband, DSL modem) and Internet Explorer works, email works, even the Microsoft Windows Update service works. What's wrong with BitDefender?

BTW, I have use BF 2009 on this same computer with no problems.

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• Hello mattthumper,

In order to better understand this sittuation please take a screen-shot of the error message that you receive, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you.

• Hello mattthumper,

In order to better understand this sittuation please take a screen-shot of the error message that you receive, upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/, then post here the download link .

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I'm at work now but will do that when I get home.

• Thanks for the reply. I'm at work now but will do that when I get home.

Here is the screenshot.

Please note that this is the computer that I am using that BitDefender is complaining about.

It doesn't matter if the BD firewall is enabled or disabled.

The rule with livesrv.exe is Allowed already.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Matt

post-28911-1257976963_thumb.jpg