Bitdefendercomm - Any Directions On How To Uninstall Yet?

Okay, well Bit Defender 2010 has been officially noted as being compatible with Windows 7 for some time now.

There was a question asked by a different user as to how the user account "BitDefenderComm" is to be removed.

Well, the answer was not posted except for that it was not to be installed on Windows 7. That's fine. Both were still in early stages of development.

But now, I need to know how to remove the "BitDefenderComm" user account.

I'm still pulling for BitDefender 2010. I uninstalled it about 1 month ago because it would freeze, and the network module would not work etc. There were many things wrong.

Last week I decided to reinstall and see if it worked any better. It does, except for the fact that it now freezes my machine and any audio that is playing repeats the last 1/2 second of the song over & over like a machine gun.

Anyway, I did uninstall it again, but the "BitDefenderComm" user account is still there.

Please help.

Comments

• Hello 4things,

In order to remove the Bitdefendercomm account please try the steps bellow :

1. Click on Start from Windows and choose Control Panel.

2. Open Administrative Tools, then select the Computer Management option.

3. After the Computer Management window is opened double click on Local Users and Groups.

4. Select Users and from the right, right click on the Bitdefendercomm account and choose Delete.

Close the Computer Management window and let us know the results.

Thank you .

• Hello 4things,

3. After the Computer Management window is opened double click on Local Users and Groups.

4. Select Users and from the right, right click on the Bitdefendercomm account and choose Delete.

Thank you .

OK, but how to uninstall the "bitdefendercomm" account in the Windows 7 Home Premium? It does not have "local users and groups" in the "computer management".

I would really appreciate your advice.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009

Hello Tambala,

Please access Computer Management and take a screen-shot of this window. Upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you.

• Hello Tambala,

Please access Computer Management and take a screen-shot of this window. Upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

Steps that will help you make a screen-shot:

1. When the window is on you desktop press the PrintScreen key (PrintScreen is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows' clipboard);

2. Open the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint);

3.Paste the picture (Edit -> Paste);

4.Save the file into the JPEG format into a location of your choice and reply to our email with the image attached.

Thank you.

The download link is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oj30zw

post-28921-1267563372_thumb.jpg

• Hello 4things,

Thank you .

As there is no "Local Users" option in the Computer Management window in any of the Vista Home editions, here is an easy solution to this problem.

To uninstall Bitdefendercomm as a user account on all Vista Home editions, do the following:

1. Click on the Start menu

2. Click Run

3. Type cmd.exe, then enter

4. Type net user bitdefendercomm /DELETE, then enter

5. Close cmd.exe

There! This should remove the bitdefendercomm account from your computer, as it did mine. :D