Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Deleted Spam Folder Question

Options

My friend has Bitdefender anti spam controlling the spam on her pc.

She uses Outlook Express, win xp.

She is concerned that the spam emails that are automatically sent to her delete folder by Bitdefender are appearing in the delete folder with the 'envelope' icon alongside them showing 'opened'.

She says she is not opening these emails.

Is this normal? If not, anyone got any idea why the icons are showing in the 'open' state?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Geo

Try this view,layout,uncheck (remove) the check by show preview pane and confirm by pressing on apply and ok. That is mostly the case. But normally when BitDefender antispam detects a mail as spam it will not open it. But if you move a mail yourself the mail could be opened. Normally you don't see the open icon when something is moved to the subfolder spam in the deleted items section.

Regards

Niels

• Geo.
    Geo. ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply Niels. I thought that could be the case, and I'd previously advised her to to uncheck the preview pane but she reckons it's still happening. Anyhow, I'll check her pc tomorrow if possible and see if I can spot anything she's doing that's obviously causing it.

• Niels
    Options

Glad that I could assist you. I will wait for your next reply.

Regards

Niels