Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bis 2010 Problem With Dns Cache

Options

I instaled bitdefender internet security 2010, but I selected disable dns cache and know I can not forward my utorrent port corectly, only if my firewall is off.

I unistaled bitdefender, then I instaled again with option "disable dns cache" turened off but nothing hapend, so how can I repair this problem.

Comments

• I instaled bitdefender internet security 2010, but I selected disable dns cache and know I can not forward my utorrent port corectly, only if my firewall is off.

I unistaled bitdefender, then I instaled again with option "disable dns cache" turened off but nothing hapend, so how can I repair this problem.

ok, so DNS caching is switched off,

to switch it on ,assuming you are using xp from the start button,select control panel,then click on performance and ,maintenance open it select administrative tools select services,or just type services.msc in the run box, once you have services open, scroll down the list and locate the DNS client, right click, in the drop down menu,select properties,you will see that it is stopped and set to manual, change from manual to automatic(win default) and select start to re start the service dns caching,

• ok, so DNS caching is switched off,

to switch it on ,assuming you are using xp from the start button,select control panel,then click on performance and ,maintenance open it select administrative tools select services,or just type services.msc in the run box, once you have services open, scroll down the list and locate the DNS client, right click, in the drop down menu,select properties,you will see that it is stopped and set to manual, change from manual to automatic(win default) and select start to re start the service dns caching,

I think it wasen't from the dns, I reinstaled windows 7 on a fresh partition and same problem. the utorent forum respond me with this "firewall is clearly misconfigured".

Can the firewall block the port, even if the program is on allow al ports?

I'm asking this becouse when the firewall is set to "alow known programs" the port is off, but if I lower it on "report" the port works ok.

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello KEVY,

Please check if the BitDefender Firewall is causing this issue . Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module and disable it temporarily. Let us know if the same problem occurred.

Thank you.

• Hello KEVY,

Please check if the BitDefender Firewall is causing this issue . Open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module and disable it temporarily. Let us know if the same problem occurred.

Thank you.

Yes if the firewall is disable the port is forworded ok, but I want to kepp the firewall on "alow known programs".

If I use windows vista or xp, I don't have any problems, but on windows 7 I have this problem.

Can I do something frome here?

258nlm1.jpg