[solved] Ts2010 Livesrv Fails To Start

I did an uninstall in safemode and tried to re-install TS2010 but at the end of the installation I get an error that the LiveSrv could not install because of insufficient privileges. I'am logged on as administrator.

The installation finishes but the LiveSrv service, the Desktop Update service, will just not start. When trying to start it manually it says that is can't start because of dependencies that fail. I have checked the service but there are no dependencies in the dependency tab.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to solve this one?

Using Win XP sp3

Had Ts2008 running without any problems.

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Hello RayK,

We have sent you an email with some instructions that should help you overcome this issue . Please reply if you have the same problem.

Thank you.

• Hello RayK,

We have sent you an email with some instructions that should help you overcome this issue . Please reply if you have the same problem.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your quick response. I saw your email this morning but fortunately I do not need it anymore as I have been able to manage to install and run TS 2010 now without any problems.

After running the uninstall from Safe Mode again yesterday, I went into the Registry with regedit and deleted all the fdfds entries in all the System/ControlsetXXX and System/CurrentControlset. I then rebooted my system and tried to install TS2008 first. That installed without any problems. Then I did an uninstall of TS2008 and installed TS2010 which installed without any problems. I'm pretty sure that the TS2008 was not necessary but I wanted to make sure that I could still go back to the older version.

Again thanks for your quick response.

Cheers

Ray

• Hello RayK,

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us and do not hesitate to contact us back if you need further assistance .

Thank you.