Blank Page - Internet - Temporary Fix !

Hi,

I have found a temporary fix for the issue people have with the peoples internet not working and just displaying blank pages. After trying different methods i have managed to work out that it is the BitDefender AntiVirus that is causing your internet to stop working and just showing blank pages. Now what you need to do is turn your anti virus OFF. BUT do not open BitDefender and then go into Advanced and then AntiVirus and turn it off from there as you will still get your blank page problem. What you need to do is explained below:

1) Open BitDefender 2010

2) Go in Advance Mode

3) At The Top Right There Will Be A Button Called Settings, Click It

4) Make sure its in Expert Mode

5) Disable ALL the Security Settings (Not The General Settings)

6) Now Try Your Internet, It Should Start Working

7) Enable All The Ones You Disabled EXCEPT For The AntiVirus (default: Vulnerability Check, Antiphishing, IM Encryption, Firewall, Automatic Update, Antispam, Identity Control, File Encryption)

offf.jpg

Yes your antivirus is turned off but its the only way it will work without having to keep restarting your pc. Just make sure you dont download any dodgy files or go on any dodgy sites and you will be fine.

Enjoy surfing again :)

Comments

• REMEMBER TO CLICK APPLY WHEN DISABLING AND ENABLING AGAIN

NOTE: Dont just disable the AntiVirus or it will not work, disable EVERYTHING click Apply and then enable the ones you disabled except for AntiVirus

• Nope... Does not work instantly

• Did you do everything as followed and did you read post 2 to make sure you applied the settings once changed?

Works fine for me everytime.

• I have the same problem. I'll go along fine for a while - I normally use FireFox 3.5. Then any page I go to comes up blank. If I go back to a previous page and I click Refresh, it goes blank too. Once this happens, it's true of MSIE8 also. I haven't tried turning off my BitDefender AV, but being on the 'net w/o AV seems stupid to foolhardy. Reboot is the only solution at this moment. I just tried turning off Scan HTTP and IMs, and I'll see how that works, but it makes me VERY nervous to do that. This problem has shown up only since I started using BDv10. I used v8 for years before with no problems. This strikes me as a SERIOUS bug in BD. It could be a deal breaker, and I like BD.

• Hi,

I have found a temporary fix for the issue people have with the peoples internet not working and just displaying blank pages. After trying different methods i have managed to work out that it is the BitDefender AntiVirus that is causing your internet to stop working and just showing blank pages. Now what you need to do is turn your anti virus OFF. BUT do not open BitDefender and then go into Advanced and then AntiVirus and turn it off from there as you will still get your blank page problem. What you need to do is explained below:

1) Open BitDefender 2010

2) Go in Advance Mode

3) At The Top Right There Will Be A Button Called Settings, Click It

4) Make sure its in Expert Mode

5) Disable ALL the Security Settings (Not The General Settings)

6) Now Try Your Internet, It Should Start Working

7) Enable All The Ones You Disabled EXCEPT For The AntiVirus (default: Vulnerability Check, Antiphishing, IM Encryption, Firewall, Automatic Update, Antispam, Identity Control, File Encryption)

offf.jpg

Yes your antivirus is turned off but its the only way it will work without having to keep restarting your pc. Just make sure you dont download any dodgy files or go on any dodgy sites and you will be fine.

Enjoy surfing again :)

Thank you for the suggestion!! It worked like a charm. BD needs to resolve this problem ASAP.

~Ariight

• Thank you for the suggestion!! It worked like a charm. BD needs to resolve this problem ASAP.

~Ariight

http://forum.bitdefender.com/style_emotico...efault/ohmy.gif

Let's see, in order to use the Internet I have to turn off my A/V, which is why I bought the A/V in the first place, plus expose myself to all the nasties in my email, client files, and so forth. And BitDefender doesn't think this is important enough to fix it yet? Why am I using this product? Not for long.

• Hello, I found this forum a little late....

I was having the same problem, and I think i figured out what the problem is. I tried everything, making it look for updates every 24 hrs instead of 1, turning things on and off...but i think i found it.

I left everything on EXCEPT for the antiphishing....i figured that would be the only part of BD that would run with any internet explorer (im using firefox). Restarted the computer, and (knock on wood) the problem has been solved for almost a week now. So leave the AV on, leave everyting on..EXCEPT the antiphishing. I think that should work!!