[solved] .dll Infection Detected. Trojan Or Not?

While installing a game I came across this warning:

Is this a Trojan? Been searching but have not found anything relating to this file containing a trojan. Is it a false positive?

I thought BitDefender usually linked to a database explaining an virus.

post-16722-1259594121_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009

Hello Filthgrinder,

It may be possible to be a false positive . That is why, we recommend you to follow the steps bellow :

1. Disable the BitDefender real-time protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Locate the suspect/infected files:

H:\metadll.DLL

3. Compress the files using a common archiver of your choice (e.g.: WinZip, WinRAR, WinAce etc.); Protect the archive with the password "infected" (or another password of your choice); More information's on hot to do this can be found here

4. Upload the archive on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link .

[how to DISABLE THE REAL-TIME PROTECTION on BitDefender 2010]

In order to disable the real-time protection please open BitDefender, click the "Settings" button in the upper right side of the interface, Switch UI to "Expert Mode", Click "OK"; Go to "Antivirus" > "Shield" and click on "Real-time protection is enabled", select the time interval that suites your troubleshooting needs and click "OK" (the message will change to "Real-time protection is disabled"). The real-time protection should be enabled after performing the troubleshooting procedure.

Thank you

• Thanks Alex. PM just sent.

• Hello Filthgrinder,

The file detected was false positive and the detection for it have been removed . You can install that application without any problems now. Thank you for the sample.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.