Why Is Bitdefender So Hard To Contact?

For being rated the top anti-virus software, so far, I am not impressed. I installed the free trial version 2 days ago. I ran a deep scan and a virus was detected that had not been detected by my previous anti-virus software, Trend Micro. I could only quarantine the file -

GenPac:Generic.Lineage.92D3E5D2

Infected: C\System Volume Information\_restore{4916126D-1F5A-4ED1-9DEF-381539C3D519}RP7\A0005106.exe

My 2 external hard drives now make my computer freeze (cursor won't move) and my jump drive is very slow, intermittently freezing and then working. This may or may not be related to Bitdefender as I also just installed Service Pack 3 on my Windows XP. The fact that I am having to work so hard to just contact you is discouraging me from buying this product. I really wanted Bitdefender to work well because it is easy to use but without support I will have to go with Kapersky.

I read that this virus warning might be a false positive but all my attempts at finding a way to contact Bitdefender have failed. No phone number listed on website, using the support feature on the free version does not work.

This is my last attempt to get some assistance.

Comments

• I am replying so I can change settings to allow email reply to my query. I don't see a way to change this option in "my controls".

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009

Hello Dianne,

In order to contact the BitDefender support, you need to access our website:http://www.bitdefender.com/ and under Home/Home Office protection section, click on the Support link. Here you have the possibility to browse through some BitDefender articles .If you did not find any solution to your issues after reading one of those articles, you are asked if you want to contact the BitDefender support and advise to click on the link that will help you do this. Also, on the lower left side you should see a red CONTACT button. If you click on it, you will also be directed to the BitDefender page where you can send us an email, contact us through our chat services or see the telephone numbers where you can contact us .

Normally, in order to see our telephone numbers and contact us through our chat service, you need to create a BitDefender account. You can easily do this if you open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Registration button and click on the "Activate Product " button.

If you want us to tell you for sure if this file is a false positive please send us sample of it. The System Volume Information folder can only be accessed if you change the permissions of your username. Follow the next link:http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...amp;#entry20634 and you will find here a detailed description on how to manually remove an infected file from the System Volume Information folder. The same steps applies for you, but instead of deleting this infected file from that location, you will need to archive it, protect it with the password "infected" then upload it on http://www.sendspace.com/ . After that, send me a PM with the download link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Also, you are able to subscribe to a particular topic without posting in it, by selecting Options -> Track this topic

post-60-1256314912_thumb.jpg

• Hello Dianne,

Normally, in order to see our telephone numbers and contact us through our chat service, you need to create a BitDefender account. You can easily do this if you open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Registration button and click on the "Activate Product " button.

Why is the "Activate Product" product button disabled in my screen? I do have an active subscription of BD internet security 2010.

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009

Hello koch,

This button is grayed out because you have successfully registered BitDefender under your account. It is normal to be like this and there is nothing that you should worry about.

Thank you.

• Normally, in order to see our telephone numbers and contact us through our chat service, you need to create a BitDefender account. You can easily do this if you open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Registration button and click on the "Activate Product " button.

Hello Alex,

What is a way to get a telephone number of your technical support? I thought following your directions above would bring me a telephone number to reach the technical support. Honestly, I am tired of waiting for their reply since last Sunday for a ticket I created sometime last week. So I prefer to talk to someone than keep waiting and praying for a reply.

BTW, do you have an SLA for responding to tickets?

koch.