I Cant Restore My Stolen Space

Hi all

I tried to contact the support but they request the product key and iam using expired trial!!

look at the message text :-

Hi

sorry if the category that i chose is not suitable ,, But I think its a strange problem!

I was using Bitdefender 2009 and i created a vault with about 2 GB

Then i uninstalled the program ,,

the vault has been removed and the space for the C Drive is still token for the vault

I tried to install the program again and now iam using the 2010 trial but i couldn't know how to restore the space for my drive!!

is there any solution or i must format my Computer in order to get back my stolen space :D

Thanks for your HELP

Comments

• Hello The Giant,

The BitDefender File Vault storage space is simply allocated to a .bvd file. When you created that vault, you were asked for a path and a name for the vault, and you can always find the vault in that location (it doesn't matter if you have BitDefender installed or not).

If you don't know where you created the vault, or you can't remember it's name, just search all your system for files with the extension bvd (just open Find Files and Folders and search for *.bvd). If you are not sure what file is the BiTDefender Vault file, post here the list of found files.

Cris.

• Thanks for your respond

But maybe i couldn't explain the problem

I have deleted the vault file ,,, and the space doesn't restored to the c drive

and even if the file is still on my computer .. how could i take the space back to the C ??

• OK, so you deleted the file. Are you sure you also deleted it from Recycle Bin. Until you also remove a file from Recycle Bin, it will still occupy it's reserved space.

Check Recycle Bin (on your Desktop) for the vault file.

Cris.

• Thank you cris ,,

actually yes i deleted the file ,, and nothing in the recycle bin

But I think its gap in the bitdefender!! ,, i must format to restore my space

what ever ,, thanks for help any way

but suppose that the file is still in my documents how could i merge the vault with the drive again??

• As I said, a BitDefender File Vault is a simple fle on your hard-drive, having the extension .bvd. To remove a vault, you just have to delete the file, like you would delete any other file from your drive. There isn't any special method to "merge" the spaces, as the File vault is just a big simple file.

So if you are absolutely positive that you deleted the file, then there must be something else taking up the space, not that vault file.

I recommend using Disk Cleanup to remove any unnecessary files from your drive. If you still have disk space issues, try using an advanced application to see what folders/files take up the space. One such tool I found at a quick search on Google is this: http://directorysize.moleskinsoft.com/ (it appears to be shareware, and I'm not sure if it has a DEMO or free trial available. If it doesn't, try searching for a different, freeware alternative).

Cris.

• hmmmmmmm

Thanks a lot Cris ,, that was very helpful

• You are welcome, The Giant. So is your problem solved?

Cris.

• Thank you cris ,,

actually yes i deleted the file ,, and nothing in the recycle bin

But I think its gap in the bitdefender!! ,, i must format to restore my space

what ever ,, thanks for help any way

but suppose that the file is still in my documents how could i merge the vault with the drive again??

I was told On XP we can't empty the recycler zone if we do not have the rights.

I mean: on XP, we have Administrator, User1, User2, ... We can't really recover the recycle space of User2 if we are not in it. Strange. I was told that months ago. I do not know what happens with the later versions of Windows.

Is there a relationship with your "recycler" problem? Did you work with "another" user?

Maybe not, it is just a question...

:huh:

good evening to everybody

• As I said, a BitDefender File Vault is a simple fle on your hard-drive, having the extension .bvd. To remove a vault, you just have to delete the file, like you would delete any other file from your drive. There isn't any special method to "merge" the spaces, as the File vault is just a big simple file.

So if you are absolutely positive that you deleted the file, then there must be something else taking up the space, not that vault file.

I recommend using Disk Cleanup to remove any unnecessary files from your drive. If you still have disk space issues, try using an advanced application to see what folders/files take up the space. One such tool I found at a quick search on Google is this: http://directorysize.moleskinsoft.com/ (it appears to be shareware, and I'm not sure if it has a DEMO or free trial available. If it doesn't, try searching for a different, freeware alternative).

Cris.

Here are pretty good freeware alternatives:

Folder Size

Duplicate File Finder