Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Zone/net Zone Boxes Have Red Crosses

Options

Good morning all

My systray icon is red and when I open BD, the File Activity and Network Activity bars are moving; however, on the desktop, the File Zone/ Net Zone boxes both have a red cross in them.

Any explanation please?

Thank you.

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Edelia,

Please let us know if the Scan Activity bar displays this message when you start your computer. Also, when you will encounter the same sittuation, please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the General tab and take a screen-shot of that window and reply to our email with it attached. Also, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Thank you Alex - the next time it happens, I will follow your instructions.

Last time it happened was just after a computer update. It is fine this morning. Thank you.

• Good morning Alex

I have just sent you the screenshot and supporttool report as requested in the email. This morning I had the red crosses when I booted up.

Thank you

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello Edelia,

From the report that you have sent us, we saw that all the BitDefender services are started normally. When yous start your computer, it is normal to have the red crosses in the Scan Activity bar for a few seconds because in that time, the BitDefender services are starting up .

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

• Thanks Alex - though I have to say when it happens, it is always for more than a few seconds. Today it is OK.

Thank you!