Vsserv.exe Hogging Ram(memory)

I have found a problem (another) with vsserv.exe bitdefender process, after downloading a few gigabyte from rapidshare using firefox i noticed that the ram usage had increased by 50% from what is is after everything is loaded up, so i monitored this to see if it decreased which even after an hour with doing nothing on the machine still it locks away my memory why? i have uploaded a vsserv.exe dump file and have also sent the link details via pm, so hopefully you can find out why this is happening and fix it, there does not seem to be a problem with it hogging the cpu this time only the impact on the ram

Comments

• Hi davey,

Please specify who is consuming most memory. Is it a specific process or is it the kernel? Is the amount of nonpaged memory increasing constantly when you download?

• im having this problem too.currently running on win7 ultimate 32bit.resource monitor shows that vsserv.exe is chugging up most of the memory even when idle n no heavy running program (65% memory usage) i had to reboot to spare some ram but after awhile it starts shooting up again

• bittu
    edited April 2010

I am using Bitdefender 2010. From past 3 weeks the vsserv.exe process is using high amount of memory than its usual needs.

It slow downs the system significantly. Pls Help, I am using Windows XP with service pack 3

• Sounds like the same issue I'm having with BD 2010 Internet Security running with Windows Vista. Over the course of a day my RAM goes from running at around 38% to 62% when it is doing nothing but idling at home as I'm at work. Running any sort of scan speeds up this RAM hogging. Needless to say this slows my computer significantly and requires a reboot to fix. I have been trying to resolve this issue with Tech Support for a MONTH now with no progress whatsoever. Is this an inherent problem with BD 2010 or am I just one of us lucky few to be experiencing this? Maybe someone in the Forums can offer a solution.....Tech Support never seems to follow up when I send them what they request of me. :(

• I did this and it seems the problem went away even after re-enabling auto update. I'm not sure this is a good fix though since disabling a file doesn't make it look right :huh: And suppose i have no idea how will it affect the anti-virus operation. But before an official fix is out, I'm sticking to it :unsure:

Please try the following and tell us if it makes a difference:

Disable Automatic Updates, Reboot into safe mode, rename the file httproxy.dll from BitDefender's install folder (usually c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2009) and reboot again.

If the problem still occurs, rename the file back.

-Berneanu Cristian

• surprisingly me too have the same problem with my laptop, i'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on Win7 x64 Home Premium. is there any official solution for this problem yet? if not maybe i'm about to change to another antivirus...

• surprisingly me too have the same problem with my laptop, i'm using BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on Win7 x64 Home Premium. is there any official solution for this problem yet? if not maybe i'm about to change to another antivirus...

In order to solve this issue please be so kind as to make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you! Regards,