[Resolved]Cannot Enable Bd 2010 Firewall !

Hello,

I've bought the BitDefender 2010 Internet security for my new laptop.

I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

But firewall is disabled and while trying to enable it shows the error:

'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

I have a new laptop with Windows 7 OS

What is the problem ???

Comments

• Hello,

I've bought the BitDefender 2010 Internet security for my new laptop.

I installed BDTS 2010 today on my pc.

But firewall is disabled and while trying to enable it shows the error:

'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service!'

I have a new laptop with Windows 7 OS

What is the problem ???

Hi Tzahi !

I'm an amateur, I don't think I could give you the straightforward solution to your problem, but what I know is:

We should only have:

One (and only one) firewall.

One (and only one) antivirus.

One or two antispywares.

You wrote you have a new laptop

Check it first.

Did you buy it with everything installed on it? including another Firewall, Antivirus?

Do you have an internet link functionning?

If it is the case, you should desinstall the FW/AV that you do not want because it will create trouble with BD you want to install. (BD or any other FW/AV)

Besides, I only have Windows XP, I can't help you with Windows Seven, maybe this software has a built-in anti-malware that should be deactivated too?

Maybe deinstalling your Bitdefender and reinstalling it through the function "Repair & remove" of Start Program Bitdefender... will help you to fix the problem?

I do not know Windows Seven, I can only give you some hints to track what could have happened.

Someone who knows the latest Windows soft could help you.

Have a nice new year and a merry Christmas time! :)

• Hi Tzahi !

I'm an amateur, I don't think I could give you the straightforward solution to your problem, but what I know is:

We should only have:

One (and only one) firewall.

One (and only one) antivirus.

One or two antispywares.

You wrote you have a new laptop

Check it first.

Did you buy it with everything installed on it? including another Firewall, Antivirus?

Do you have an internet link functionning?

If it is the case, you should desinstall the FW/AV that you do not want because it will create trouble with BD you want to install. (BD or any other FW/AV)

Besides, I only have Windows XP, I can't help you with Windows Seven, maybe this software has a built-in anti-malware that should be deactivated too?

Maybe deinstalling your Bitdefender and reinstalling it through the function "Repair & remove" of Start Program Bitdefender... will help you to fix the problem?

I do not know Windows Seven, I can only give you some hints to track what could have happened.

Someone who knows the latest Windows soft could help you.

Have a nice new year and a merry Christmas time! :)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer but as far as I know everything seems to be fine in my OS.

It told me to chose if I want to enable the BD FW or the Windows FW and of course the first was the one I selected.

I tried to use the solotion with the patcehs that are advertised on the Q&A pages and it didn;t help at all.

I really thinking of getting the BD software back to the store and getting my refund back as the FW is very impotrant to me

• blackstar
    edited December 2009
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer but as far as I know everything seems to be fine in my OS.

It told me to chose if I want to enable the BD FW or the Windows FW and of course the first was the one I selected.

I tried to use the solotion with the patcehs that are advertised on the Q&A pages and it didn;t help at all.

I really thinking of getting the BD software back to the store and getting my refund back as the FW is very impotrant to me

Hi,

1 > Uninstall BD from your PC ( i suggest use the " your uninstaller ")

2 > disable Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

3 > reboot and choose with the F8 the install drivers without sign

4 > reInstall BD B)

Bye

BS

Note

My OS is Windows Seven Ultimate X64 ( with BD )

• Hi,

1 > Uninstall BD from your PC ( i suggest use the " your uninstaller ")

2 > disable Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

3 > reboot and choose with the F8 the install drivers without sign

4 > reInstall BD B)

Bye

BS

Note

My OS is Windows Seven Ultimate X64 ( with BD )

Hi,

Did as you've said and the problem was solved (:

Thanks a lot for all of your answers

Happy holidays to you all

• OK, thanks for the info and >>>> *** Happy New Year ***

BS

• Hi I'm new at the forum and I just recently installed BitDefender 2010 and I'm having the same problem with the firewall so I was hoping I could get the procedure for enabeling the firewall... Thanks for the help!!!

• Hi I'm new at the forum and I just recently installed BitDefender 2010 and I'm having the same problem with the firewall so I was hoping I could get the procedure for enabeling the firewall... Thanks for the help!!!

What I mentionned:

We should have

one and only one firewall

one and only one antivirus

one extra anti spyware (why not?)

If you have another firewall, antivirus soft you should deinstall them (if you bought a brand laptop - all sold laptop are "brands" and filled with extra soft). It is not especially easy, it is true. 1) use the desinstall procedure, but it could be not enough, sometimes we need to reboot in safe mode to deinstall them (BD or any soft) with the help of free software such as CCleaner to complete the cleaning. However the method is risky too... <_<

Anyway, you could indicate more details on your system to get help from Bd technicians.

XP Home? Pro? Vista? Seven? else? BD IS 2010 or BD TS 2010?(I do not know it this lattest point is academic)

the procedure for enabeling the firewall

If your computer is clean, without virus inside before, the installation runs smoothly, without "procedure".

Have a nice day,

:)

L.

• No further assistance required, topic closed. Thanks Lionet for your help.

If you have any further queries feel free to open a new topic. Thank you for understanding!

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.