Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vista To Windows 7 Upgrade. Firewall Is Not Accessable

Options

Hello.

I know their is another topic thread on the firewall not starting/not accessable but it is a mess!

Please (users) do not chime in with 'I am having the same problem!'.

I followed the procedure (What actions to take when the Firewall is unavailable) to no avail!

The executable that runs opens a command prompt that says 'Path not found' several times then reboots the PC on both the Uninstall and FW_install

applications. Knowing this was not working I went through the process anyways.

1.) I was running Vista nad everything worked fine.

2.) I upgraded to Windows 7

3.) On the 'General' tab (BitDefender 2010) I have the WARNING message ( 1 issue effecting PC).

4.) Fix All Issues says the Firewall is disabled (not started).

5.) I click on 'Start' (to fix all issues). the status for the firewall says 'failed'.

6.) So i go to the Firewall tab. the settings says 'firewall is disabled'. So I check the box.

7.) I get a BitDefendert Firewall Error dialog box that says 'Failed to communicate with the BitDefender Security service'.

To be clear the topic I read through is ' Bdts 2010 Firewall Can't Be Enabled'.

To be clear the procedure I followed was 'http://www.bitdefender.com/KB391'

I have no other virus/security software running. The windows firewall is not running.

I attempted to call both US and Canadian tech support but received nothing but a busy signal for two hours.

BD tech support, what should I do?

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2009
    Options

Hello robrenden,

Have you run the 2 tools with administrative rights? If not, please do so (right click on them, and select Run as administrator).

Also, please check if this folder exists on your system:

C:\Program files\Common files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall\

If it exists, please post what files are inside that folder.

Cris.

• Thank you Cris.

Yes The folder C:\Program files\Common files\BitDefender\BitDefender Firewall does exist.

Yes I ran the Uninstall_FW_All.exe and FW_Install_Vista.exe with administration rights.

To make sure I just ran the Uninstall_FW_All.exe again, in the command window it says:

The system cannot find the path specified.

The system cannot find the path specified.

Press any key to continue . . .

In short, the procedure is still not working for me.

I cannot find a log file for the Uninstall_FW_All.exe application.

• Ok, so I spoke with BD tech support. They have no idea why this procedure is not working.

So I went to www.BitDefender.com/Uninstall and un-installed bitdefender.

I then re-installed bitdefender and my firewall issue has gone away.

BAD ME!

What I forgot to do is save a copy of the XML file that contained all of my Cookies/****** control information (Crap!)

THe un-install deleted it.

• Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't doing much for me. I've tried it 3 times now.

• Hello AnneDavis,

We have sent you an e-mail with some steps you need to take so that we can further investigate the issue.

Please reply back to our e-mail.

Thank you.