Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Always Been This Bad At Customer Service?

Options

I've been singing the praises of BitDefender for almost a year now. The freedom from the cumbersome security suite products that slow down computer performance has been very liberating. However, I can't say the same for their customer service and technical support.

My son's computer has contracted 3 serious malware issues in the last 4 months, and each time, BitDefender seems to get slower and slower in their response and assistance. It takes multiple emails and chat sessions to get any results. The latest instance with tech support has now spread into it's 6th day and 4th contact initiated by me, with no results. Their website lost 2 different communications generated by their website contact system. When I got no response again, and initiated a chat session, the first thing their rep wanted to know was if I typed my email address correctly. Yes, I answered to the rep...I typed my 10 year old email address incorrectly on two different contact sessions, at two different times of day, on two different days...PLEASE! The next guy I chatted with openly admitted BitDefender sometimes loses contact emails like that, but despite being more polite than the first person, he still could only pass the buck and not give me the asistance I needed to fix my issue. The latest guy hung up on me before I could respond that no, my issue wasn't fixed, that the info provided was not what I asked for, and no, I wasn't going to close out this chat under the impression that I had been helped.

I was thinking about upgrading my product to help my son (a bright child with a learning disability) avoid the malware infection disguised in some of the gaming sites he like to visit. However, when you consider the time ..... take to load, versus the hassles I deal with working with BitDefender customer and technical support, I'm beginning to wonder which product is really more time - effective for my family.

Can anyone direct me to a snail mail address I can mail this info to? The address I received for such things is complains@bitdefender.com (do you see the spelling error?!?). I specifically asked about the spelling, only to be told that issue was not in his department!!! I sent a similar email to complaints@bitdefender.com, but who knows where that'll end up...

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• Aurelian Neagu
    edited February 2010
    Options

Hello bill2001,

I have analyzed your ticket and the ticket indicates that you have contacted us initially on January 28 and you received an e-mail from us where you have been asked to send the scan log from BitDefender on the same day.

After you have received the e-mail from my colleague you sent us 2 e-mails, the first with the scan log and the second an e-mail where you ask for a supervisor. My colleague from the Malware Department sent you (again on January 28) 2 investigation tools called BDSI and the GMER tools, because the scan log did not reveal the malware, but only the fact that you are using along with BitDefender 2 other antivirus solutions.

(Please be informed that having more then one security product installed on the same PC will cause incompatibility issues and the normal action of either one of them is not guaranteed. In time they start scanning each other's files, blocking them and the system will slow down or even crash. )

After that, instead of replying to my colleague with the necessary information, on January 30 you have contacted us on the chat session and said that there have passed over 2 days and the issue is not solved. Did you think about following the steps from my colleague's e-mail?

In the same day, on January 30, my colleagues from the Malware Department have sent you another e-mail where they asked again for the same information. You have replied to their e-mail and said that you don't need our help anymore because another antivirus solution found the virus.

From our point of view, the procedures have been followed.

Thank you.

• mikivr
    edited February 2010
    Options

Excuse me,what happened with my mails sent to you and other guy from technical support,there is no answer neither of you and that is ###### me off...