Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Home Network Issues

Options

Hi, i am new to Bit Defender and new to this forum so please be gentle.

Having purchased the 2010 version for home use i am trying to exchange data from my laptop (it has bit defender on it) and my home PC (which has another type of internet protection) my wife has a laptop and it has the same internet protection as the home PC. When i try to set up the network using BitDefender i click add, it only sees the wife's Laptop but wont add it, i cannot see the main PC but on using the IP address it to fails to add saying it cannot be added as it doesnt have Bit Defender on each.

Is this now telling me i cannot have a protected network as i didnt fork out for several version of protection as my other computers are already protected?

Can someone please help.

Oh, i did had them all to the safe/trust area in the firewall setting.

Comments

• Can you check your licence again? As far as I know, the home user licence is good for 3 computers so you could install it on your home pc and your wife's laptop.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello gazl,

The BitDefender Home Network module is not intended for (and doesn't any capabilities of) file sharing between multiple systems. That module is designed to give the user the possibility to manage multiple BitDefender products in the same network, from the same system. Please read the product manual for more details about this module (on the BitDefender Security Center window, click Help, from the lower right corner of the window).

Cris.