Internet Security 2010 - Antivirus Scan Alert

The main panel on Internet Security has an alert which says 'This PC was last scanned for viruses 40 days ago'.

I scan for viruses most days, and yesterday ran a deep system scan.

The message is still there, with an exclamation mark ! over the system tray icon.

I'm running Windows XP Professional on a Sony Vaio laptop (although I'm posting this from a Mac).

I tried contacting technical support from within BitDefender, but while it was gathering system information, I got a Runtime Error, so joined this forum.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thank for any help!

Comments

• Hello nodnyl1904,

We currently have an incompatibility issue with a software named Ask Toolbar. The Ask Toolbar is a free browser add-on that allows you to search the Web using the Ask.com search engine directly from Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers. This is usually installed along with other applications.

In order to find out if it is installed on your computer please go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs and search for it on that list. If you have it please select it and choose Click here for support information and tell us what is the version for this toolbar.

Then please click on Remove in order to uninstall it, restart your computer and start a new scanning process with BitDefender.

Please let us know if either the issue persists after you uninstalled this software or you do not have it on your computer.

Looking forward to having your reply!

Thank you.

• Please let us know if either the issue persists after you uninstalled this software or you do not have it on your computer.

Looking forward to having your reply!

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I don't have the Ask Toolbar. I do have Firefox, and also the Google Toolbar and Google Chrome browser.

• bentley27
    edited March 2010
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I don't have the Ask Toolbar. I do have Firefox, and also the Google Toolbar and Google Chrome browser.

HELP! I am in the same situation! Was there ever an answer to this???