Vista Update: Disable Bitdf Internet Sec 2010 First?

I have three questions:

1. How do I find my new and older postings on entering this forum? Can I search for and find my collected postings? How?

2. How do I temporarily disable Bitdefender Internet Security 2010?

3. What feature in my Bitdefender program should I disable to allow smooth automatic Vista updates? And how do I disable that feature? My computer would not complete a Windows Vista update after I installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. The computer went into a loop and I had to re-install Vista. I work from a unsecured WiFi connection at home.

Thanks in anticipation!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009

Hello ecbritz,

1. Simply click on your username from the left and choose "Find Member's Topics" or "Find Member's Posts". I attached a screen-shot for a better understanding of this action.

post-24948-1260268054_thumb.jpg

2. You can disable different BitDefender modules from Expert Mode and I have sent you through the email the steps that will help you temporarily stop the main BitDefender service.

3. There are 3 modules that you may disable when you perform the Windows update:Antivirus, Firewall and Vulnerability . In order to do this, open BitDefender, click on the Settings button, choose the Expert Mode then click on Ok. Within this window, you will have the possibility to disable the mentioned modules.

In case you encounter the same issue again, please check if possible, what update cannot be installed then start your computer in Safe Mode. Here, you can open Control Panel's, Program and Features option then click on the left on "View installed updates". Try to uninstall the update that was not installed properly and retry to install it after that.

[How to start your computer in Safe Mode]

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

Thank you.

• Can you also send me the instructions to disable Bitdefender temporarily please. thx

2. You can disable different BitDefender modules from Expert Mode and I have sent you through the email the steps that will help you temporarily stop the main BitDefender service.

• Hello ecbritz,

In order to disable the BitDefender modules you need to open the software, click on Settings from the top tight corner and unchech the modules from Security Settings.

We have also sent you an email with detailed step by step instructions on how to do this in Expert mode.

Thank you.