Change Password On Parental Control

I would like to know how to change the passwords in BDIS 2010. I have set the password(s) in the settings window, but cannot find where to change them. I want separate passwords for the Parental Control and other settings.

Please help.

Comments

• Hello mikanda,

Unfortunately you cannot set a password for the General Settings and a different one for the Parental Control Settings. In the General module -> Settings tab you have the option to either set a password for the product settings or only for the Parental control settings.

Thank you for providing the feedback to us. We will take this feature request in consideration for our future products.

• Hello mikanda,

Unfortunately you cannot set a password for the General Settings and a different one for the Parental Control Settings. In the General module -> Settings tab you have the option to either set a password for the product settings or only for the Parental control settings.

Thank you for providing the feedback to us. We will take this feature request in consideration for our future products.

Thanks. Once a password has been set, how do you go about changing it? I cannot find a place that says "change password".

• mikanda
    edited March 2010

To all you Bit Defender support staff,

On the topic of Parental Control, is it a possibility to incorporate an option that forces website features on sites like Google Images to remain on and unable to be changed? For instance, the "P*rn" filter works great in standard web searches, but really ###### when doing image searches in Google. The safe search feature is only on MODERATE and can be manually changed to OFF (allowing inappropriate material to be viewed in the search result thumbnails).

If you take a look at Content Barrier (Mac software in the Internet Security X6 suite), they use this feature quite well and the Safe Search is preset to OFF and automatically returns to OFF when a manual change is attempted.

Still, the parental control in Bit Defender is a welcomed addition. Needs a little tweaking though.

• If you take a look at Content Barrier (Mac software in the Internet Security X6 suite), they use this feature quite well and the Safe Search is preset to OFF and automatically returns to OFF when a manual change is attempted.

Oops, I meant "Safe Search is preset to STRICT"... I'm sure you figured that out though.