Stop Blaming Only Bitdefender For Fakelert5

While i totally agree with everyone's anger over the yesterdays Fakealert5 catastrophe that hit us all through the BD update for which for sure someone at BitDefender must be hanged soon, this morning i started thinking of this issue and realized that there is someone else to blame here apart from BD carelessness.

- have you ever thought who might have profited from such a catastrophe that hits huge no of BD users?

- have you though who might have programmed such thing?

- have you though that someone could get payed aaaaaaaa lot if he put this wrong update through in the BD approving process?

- have you come up with an idea that actually BD competition might have something to do with this attack on BD users???

I just thought that at least you should think of this, and stop attacking only BD and advertising other products, as one of them might be the real cause of our problems!

Comments

• BitDefender deserve it. They are suppose to protect our computers not infecting it. We spend money on it for the best protection we can get from hackers, threats. trojans and AV.

They sent it out so i still blame them now i have to spend a whole Sunday formatting and restoring my PC! Waste of my Sunday.

• Conspiracy Theory.

I saw the aliens on the grassy knoll in the Bermuda Triangle on the moon with the CD containing all the virus signatures, and the shadows didn't look right.

Someone screwed up (likely), or an automated QA process didn't work (just as likely). What certainly isn't likely is industrial sabotage. The cost of being caught far outweighs the potential market-share increase benefits.

Kieran

• While i totally agree with everyone's anger over the yesterdays Fakealert5 catastrophe that hit us all through the BD update for which for sure someone at BitDefender must be hanged soon, this morning i started thinking of this issue and realized that there is someone else to blame here apart from BD carelessness.

- have you ever thought who might have profited from such a catastrophe that hits huge no of BD users?

- have you though who might have programmed such thing?

- have you though that someone could get payed aaaaaaaa lot if he put this wrong update through in the BD approving process?

- have you come up with an idea that actually BD competition might have something to do with this attack on BD users???

I just thought that at least you should think of this, and stop attacking only BD and advertising other products, as one of them might be the real cause of our problems!

This is seriously HILARIOUS !

THEY programmed this freaking thing !

Like WE care about the competition now ! They are supposed to be on the TOP TEN of the Antiviruses Software, and this Fake Alert 5 comes up ?

WE HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT ON THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET AND ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE

None of OTHER Products did this, it is the own action of BitDefender Support !

You're PERHAPS trying to tell us that we're stupid su**ers, but open your eyes a bit !

• I totally agree with the thread title. BD is the best security I've used. I switch from Norton which took 4 hours on live chat support to get installed. We use McAfee at work and people regularly get malware. We have a corporate PC at home that has Symantec corporate security and SyGate security, and in the last month got two major malware infections.

Because BD does such a good job, it was clear to me that this problem was not real, and BD quickly gave advice to turn off real time protection. In about an hour they had a fix.

It looks like they intend to help anyone who suffered monetary loss, and anyone who has real problems getting Windows and their computer up and working.

• I totally agree with the thread title. BD is the best security I've used. I switch from Norton which took 4 hours on live chat support to get installed. We use McAfee at work and people regularly get malware. We have a corporate PC at home that has Symantec corporate security and SyGate security, and in the last month got two major malware infections.

Because BD does such a good job, it was clear to me that this problem was not real, and BD quickly gave advice to turn off real time protection. In about an hour they had a fix.

It looks like they intend to help anyone who suffered monetary loss, and anyone who has real problems getting Windows and their computer up and working.

Well said, thats why I will stick with the best product on the market, I also found it weird that every file I clicked on reported the fake alert 5, so I basically imdediatly turned live antivirus off as then I would not be getting files deleted that were not infected. Then I went to bed, and checked the forums to see what was going on, followed the intructions and was fixed. I was thinking of a format, as I backup my PC once a week, and its just my leisure PC, on my work PC I backup everynight, the files that need backing up that is.

Problem though is people dont backup, and its the most important thing one must get into a habit of doing if they have a PC, as all sorts of things can happen, like this for example. If you dont backup, you are asking for trouble, BD total secuity has an easy backup system within it.

Used norton, used mcafee, and all the free ones, and constantly get malware on those products, then they tell you you have malware on your pc, but cannot fix the problem, but they are good notices, least they let you know lol.

• BitDefender deserve it. They are suppose to protect our computers not infecting it. We spend money on it for the best protection we can get from hackers, threats. trojans and AV.

They sent it out so i still blame them now i have to spend a whole Sunday formatting and restoring my PC! Waste of my Sunday.

Well for someone that dont know computers very well you sure went to formatting quick. Guess your not a computer expert. LOL :rolleyes:

• Well for someone that dont know computers very well you sure went to formatting quick. Guess your not a computer expert. LOL :rolleyes:

I can bet alot of the people complaining are using a cracked product as well, the way they just change instantly to another product is amazing.

• Regardless of the size of the drive, the format still would not take a whole day, including reinstall.