Total Security V2010 Installation Trouble

to whom it may concern,

i tried to install a trial version of the bdts v2010 on my ms vista x64 workstation but cannot complete it at all. it stops and pops up a window saying 'failed to install' at installing to '\system32\drivers' folder and issuing an error afterwards at writing a key to the registry.

any comments???

Comments

• I had Total Security 2009 with some minor problems, contacted tech support to fix them. Was told to remove 2009 and replace with Total Security 2010. I removed Total Security 2009 but can not install Total Security 2010.

I tried using BitDefender Total Security Installer (for when you are uncertain whether you are using a 32bit or a 64bit operating system). It picked the 64bit version, started running then displayed the message “Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements”. It ran overnight displaying that message and not installing Total Security.

Then I tried the 64bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_64b.exe) it started installing then I got the message

“This installation package is not compatible with your processor type. It is designed for 32-bit processors and your system is 64-bit. Please use the 64-bit version of the installation package available in the same location, next to the 32b version.”

That’s when I try to install the 64-bit version.

Then I tried the 32bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe) it started installing then I got the message

“The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2318”

So I can’t install the 32bit version.

I have a HP Pavilion 061 ER883AA-ABA m7470n

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3

Processor: 2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

Both HP and AMD say the system is 64-bit. AMD says it can do “Simultaneous 32- & 64-bit computing”.

Note: BitDefender tech support says the system is 32-bit and would only help me try to install 32bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe which does not install.

Can anyone help?

• Take my advice, install the 2009 version and run it on a MS Vista OS it will save you headaches :mellow:

• Hello skopsko,

In order to upgrade to the 2010 version please follow the steps bellow:

1. Please use our uninstall tool in order to uninstall/delete any previous BitDefender related files:

Access the link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it, restart the computer.

2. Install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available for download. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kit prior to running it.

The 64 bit Vista compatible version for BitDefender Total Security 2010 installation kit can be downloaded from here.

3. During the setup process you will be prompted for your license key. Please use the license key received when you purchased to register BitDefender. For more information on the registration process please read this KB article.

Thank you.

• Unknown
    edited March 2010

Hello 850norton,

In order to find out if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system, right click on the My computer icon and select Properties.

In the General tab from the window that pops up, under System and after service pack 3" it either says 64b (in which case you have a 64bit operating system) or it doesn't say anything else (in which case you have a 32bit operating system).

If your operating system is on 64 bits please follow the steps from my previous post in order to upgrade to BitDefender Total Security 2010.

If your operating system is on 32 bits, click here in order to download the installation kit and after using the uninstall tool please use this kit to install BitDefender.

Thank you.

• Hello 850norton,

In order to find out if you have a 32 bit or 64 bit operating system, right click on the My computer icon and select Properties.

In the General tab from the window that pops up, under System and after service pack 3" it either says 64b (in which case you have a 64bit operating system) or it doesn't say anything else (in which case you have a 32bit operating system).

If your operating system is on 64 bits please follow the steps from my previous post in order to upgrade to BitDefender Total Security 2010.

If your operating system is on 32 bits, click here in order to download the installation kit and after using the uninstall tool please use this kit to install BitDefender.

Thank you.

I used uninstall tool - BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe – then restarted computer.

I tried the 32bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe) it started installing then I got the message

“Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements”

Question:

How many hours and/or days will it take to determine my disk space requirements?

Note, in the last week I’ve tried installing the 32bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe) version (more then once), it did not install.

After which I’ve tried using BitDefender Total Security Installer (for when you are uncertain whether you are using a 32bit or a 64bit operating system). It picked the 64bit version, started running and did not install.

After which I’ve tried the 64bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_64b.exe) it started running and did not install.

So the 32bit version, The version for when you’re unsure if you have 32bit or a 64bit and the 64bit version do not install.

I’ve tried taking off most of the software (word, iTunes etc) off not just the security software. I’ve used uninstall tool - BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe. and followed all directions given but BitDefender Total Security 2010 does not install. Can not install 2008 or 2009 either.

Being told to do the things you’ve done before that didn’t work is getting old. I’ve talked to tech support where when I tell them I’ve done that before they just tell me to do it again. Sorry it didn’t work again.

• Hello 850norton,

First of all, please be so kind as to right click on the My computer icon and select Properties. In the General tab from the window that pops up, under System and after Service Pack 3 it either says 64b (in which case you have a 64bit operating system) or it doesn't say anything else (in which case you have a 32bit operating system).

Could you please tell me if you are seeing or not 64b next to the Service Pack?

When you are receiving the “Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements” message it should take a couple of minutes before starting the installation process. Please tell me, have you received an error message after this?

Thank you.

• Hello 850norton,

First of all, please be so kind as to right click on the My computer icon and select Properties. In the General tab from the window that pops up, under System and after Service Pack 3 it either says 64b (in which case you have a 64bit operating system) or it doesn't say anything else (in which case you have a 32bit operating system).

Could you please tell me if you are seeing or not 64b next to the Service Pack?

When you are receiving the “Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements” message it should take a couple of minutes before starting the installation process. Please tell me, have you received an error message after this?

Thank you.

No I don't see it which is why I tried installing the 32bit version which does not install.

After which I’ve tried using BitDefender Total Security Installer (for when you are uncertain whether you are using a 32bit or a 64bit operating system). It picked the 64bit version, started running and did not install.

After which I’ve tried the 64bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_64b.exe) it started running and did not install.

Yes I used the uninstall tool - BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe – then restarted computer.

Yes I used http://www.sendspace.com/file/tbbfoh and run the .bat file etc

Have also ran the free bitdefender A/V scans.

Yes I have followed all directions sent to me. Have even removed most of the programs from my computer not just the security programs.

bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe does not install, setup.exe does not install, bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_64b(2).exe does not install

As for the “Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements” message the longest I let it run was about 16 hours with no error message.

• Am stopping bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe install. Install still displaying “Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements” (day 3).

Will start from the beginning again following all the directions that didn't work before.

Will start with bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe, if that doesn't install will try Total Security Installer (for when you are uncertain whether you are using a 32bit or a 64bit operating system) again then I will try bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_64b.exe again.

If none of them work again will have to buy something else. Only thing is that I still have a year left that I paid for and will not get.

• Started installing the 32bit version before breakfast.

I used uninstall tool - BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe – then restarted computer.

I tried the 32bit version (bitdefender_totalsecurity_2010_32b.exe) it started installing then I got the message

“Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements”

Noon now, stopping 32bit version install. Still getting “Please wait while the installer finishes determining your disk space requirements”.

Will now try BitDefender Total Security Installer (for when you are uncertain whether you are using a 32bit or a 64bit operating system). Will let run till it install's or it's time for dinner. Wish me luck.

Still unable to delete

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\versions.id.4FB1D4991544C820812670B4D2A6ED09.upd"

• Hello 850norton,

If you did not manage to install BitDefender please be so kind as to follow the steps bellow:

1. Download (save) the SYSDUMP utility on your system into a location of your choice;

2. Locate sysdump.exe into the above mentioned location and run it (double-click).

3. A command prompt window similar with the one below will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take a several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself. The output of this tool is a new file called sysdump.tar placed in the same location with sysdump.exe.

4. Please upload the sysdump.tar on Sendspace and send me a PM with the download link.

Thank you.

post-30345-1269982449_thumb.jpg

• Hello 850norton,

If you did not manage to install BitDefender please be so kind as to follow the steps bellow:

1. Download (save) the SYSDUMP utility on your system into a location of your choice;

2. Locate sysdump.exe into the above mentioned location and run it (double-click).

3. A command prompt window similar with the one below will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take a several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself. The output of this tool is a new file called sysdump.tar placed in the same location with sysdump.exe.

4. Please upload the sysdump.tar on Sendspace and send me a PM with the download link.

Thank you.

Downloaded sysdump.exe, ran, uploaded sysdumo.tar file to sendspace, sent PM

• Now April 5th, any idea how long it will take to get an answer?

• Can someone tell me if I will be able to install BitDefender Total Security 2010 or if I should buy something elsewhere?

I don't want to get on the internet if I don't have security.

• greendragon
    edited April 2010

FYI

Re: [Ticket ID:201003291002147] [Ticket ID:201003271000715]

Followed your instructions:

Dear ERNEST,

First off all, please be sure that you have free space on your computer (min

450 MB available) to install BitDefender.

Have 113 GB available

We also recommend to run a free temporary file cleaner

(http://www.ccleaner.com/)

Ran CCleaner

Then:

1. Please access this web site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 form

where you will be able to download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility;

2. Browse to 'Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility' and click on the

link next to 'Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now';

3. Select to Save the msicuu2.exe file and after it is saved, please run it;

4. Please click on 'Next' in the new window that will appear, then click on

Next and then click on 'Finish' in order to finish the installation of Windows

Installer CleanUp Utility'

5. After the software is installed please click on Start - Windows Clean Up

Install and select all the BitDefender entries in that window;

6. Remove those installation, then reinstall the BitDefender product and check

if the issue still occurs.

Installed and ran Windows Installer CleanUp Utility (msicuu2.exe)

It did not repeat not find any BitDefender entries so I was unable to remove anything.

Since I have 113 GB available there should be room for it

When I stopped the install I got the error message

“Cannot delete versions.id.4FB1D4991544C820812670B4D2A6EDO9,upd: The file or corrupted and unreadable.” That file is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\ BitDefender Update Service

• Followed last instructions on installing bitdefender.

Now I get a white screen when I open bitdefender. Makes it a little hard to use bitdefender.

Also get a white screen when useing system restore making it impossible to do a system restore.

And get a white screen when useing hotmail making it impossible to use it. Can't log in if all you get is a white screen.

What do I do now?

• Followed last instructions on installing bitdefender.

Now I get a white screen when I open bitdefender. Makes it a little hard to use bitdefender.

Also get a white screen when useing system restore making it impossible to do a system restore.

And get a white screen when useing hotmail making it impossible to use it. Can't log in if all you get is a white screen.

What do I do now?

Qeek Squad help me get rid of white screens and reinstall bitdefender 2009. Staying with that, forget about 2010