Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Virus Control Freezes Machine

Options

Have just upgraded to BD 2010 from BD 2009. Build 13.0.19.347 on XP Home SP3 Dell machine.

Since upgrading I have found that frequently the PC will freeze, but disconnecting the network cable allows the machine to recover (ie a reboot is not required) and continue as normal. This is an intermittent fault.

I have disabled Active Virus Control and now run with it disabled for a while without any repeats of the above problem.

Seems to me to be yet another AVC issue (amongst many).

Why have you made this product so complicated? Sometimes more is less!

Comments

• Hello AJAYS,

Could you please tell us if you are using a special program in order to connect to the internet? If you do, please try to add it to the AVC exceptions.

Thank you.

• same here i upgraded in january from 2009 to 2010 and it has been rubbish ever since, it freezes every hour at least once an hour, sometimes it never starts at all. I am now trying to get a refund but with little joy. You only need to read the other threads to see this is an ongoing problem which Bitdefender dont seem to be able or possibly willing to do anything about.

• AJAY999
    edited March 2010
    Options

Carmen:

No special program is used to connect to the internet, just standard Windows stuff.

The PC is connected to a Netgear DG834 router through an Intel Pro network card that came supplied with the Dell machine. I have used this set up for a long time with BD2009 and never ever had connection problems.

As I reported in my earlier post, I have disabled AVC and (to date) the problem has gone away.