Bdfndisf6.sys Blue Screen In Windows 7 X64

Hi, I just got an update from Bitdefender 2010 internet security, and it required my to reboot the PC. After I did that, I started to have blue screen (crash) with my PC. The file related is "BDFNDISF6.sys".

The crash does not take effect instantly after the PC boot_s up. It is around few minutes of using (on internet). I have read that (in 1 of the past topic) that it has the same problem and it is related to firewall. Currently I had disabled firewall and able to finish this posting in forum. Please help!!

Here, I am using DELL XPS 16. Thanks!

Comments

• Hello karshiang,

Please tell us if the update process completed successfully and you have now the 13.0.20 Build. In order to check this please right click on the BitDefender icon from the system tray, choose About and look at the Product information.

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Open My Computer/Computer.

2. Browse to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010.

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file.

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish.

5. Please upload on Sendspace the file that was created on the Desktop by the SupportTool and send me a PM with the download link.

6. Additionally, please tell browse to this location C:\Windows\Minidump and send us the files from this folder. Please create an archive with a compresion tool, upload them on SendSpace and send me the link.

Thank you.

• Hi Carmen,

Yes. I had 13.0.20 Build upgraded successfully. And sent you the file. As the crashing is consistent, I tried repairing the bitdefender. I found the build is reset to 13.0.19 and it does not crash anymore. Currently, I am taking a risk of not upgrading to latest version / downloading latest virus definition files.

Please help.

• Hello Carmen,

I'm having the same problem, not sure what triggered it, but the file bdfndisf6.sys in directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers was created on 1 April 2010. I've deleted the file in that directory but found two others in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender. I'm running Windows 7 x64 and BitDefender is updated to Build 13.0.20.

Please help.

Hello karshiang,

Please tell us if the update process completed successfully and you have now the 13.0.20 Build. In order to check this please right click on the BitDefender icon from the system tray, choose About and look at the Product information.

In order to troubleshoot the issue you are encountering we would like you to follow the steps below:

1. Open My Computer/Computer.

2. Browse to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010.

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file.

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish.

5. Please upload on Sendspace the file that was created on the Desktop by the SupportTool and send me a PM with the download link.

6. Additionally, please tell browse to this location C:\Windows\Minidump and send us the files from this folder. Please create an archive with a compresion tool, upload them on SendSpace and send me the link.

Thank you.

• Hello Carmen,

I am having the same problem too instead mine was on windows vista home premium. Same with the others this happened few days ago. BSOD occurs at random times when I use the internet from my web browser. From my observation, this happened after I updated to 13.0.20. There's this BSOD screen displaying Bdfndisf6.sys and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS and then restarts. Thanks and Im hoping for solutions.

• kgrotelueschen
    edited April 2010

I was having the same problem as everyone else here. 4 days ago I sent Carmen a message including the same info he requested from karshiang. I have yet to recieve some sort of response from him.

I also went through the regular support link and sent the same information to the support center. Just today they finally got around to responding back and their response was asking for information I had already sent them. They clearly did not read my message or look in the attached zip file i sent them.

My solution was to switch to another security solution, the product works, no blue screens of death and I also have internet security again.

I will have nothing more to do with these people anymore.

• Hello all,

We inform you that the fix for this issue was released in a BitDefender Update. Please make sure that the BitDefender product updatetes daily, and in order to do this please right click on the BitDefender icon from the system tray and choose Update now.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience that we may have created and we rest at your disposal for further information.

Thank you for your support and patience.