[solved] Can't Install Bd Antivirus 2010

I have been running BD Antivirus 2009 for the last year and a half, but tried today to upgrade to 2010, because 2009 was randomly mangling my e-mails.

The short of the story is this:

I am running Windows XP SP3. I've run the BD removal tool (multiple times!!), installed BDAV 2010, and each time, I get a BSOD when I reboot the computer. The message on the bluescreen is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." The only solution I've found is to boot into Safe Mode and use System Restore to roll back to the pre-BDAV 2010 state, then use the BD removal tool to clean up the mess.

One other potentially pertinent fact is that I didn't remove BDAV 2009 before attempting to install BDAV 2010 the first time. But the subsequent use of the BD removal tool should have fixed any issue caused by that, right? Besides the fact that it's pretty nonsensical for BD not to be able to take care of uninstalling the old version while the new one is being installed!

Any suggestions on what's causing the problem, and how to correct it? Thanks in advance.

~Jason

Comments

• Is there no one out there that's experienced this issue? I've exhausted my bag of tricks trying to fix the problem...

~Jason

• Hello Jason,

Please find this folder: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

There should be there at least one file having the extension .dmp. These files are crash dump files generated by Windows in case of a fatal error (BSOD).

Put all files from that folder into an archive, upload the archive on a file sharing service of your choice (such as www.sendspace.com) and send me the download link by PM. Maybe those crash dumps can give a clue about what crashed.

Cris.

• Thanks, Cris, You should find the link to the minidumps on a PM. I tried to upload them to the forum when I first posted, but of course they were blocked.

~Jason

• According to your dumps, the probable culprit of the crash is a driver called DigiFi_1.sys, which is not part of BitDefender products.

I tried searching something about this, but it appears that Google cannot find this filename in any documents, at all. The only related results were pointing to DigiFi Digital Opera wireless headphones. If you have such devices, or you know what this driver is, you can either try updating the driver with a newer version (check the product official webpage), or even uninstall the driver if you don't need it. You can check the file properties for additional info about the manufacturer. The driver is probably located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers.

You could also try disabling Active Virus Control in BitDefender, to see if causes any interference with this driver. If you need info about how to do this in SafeMode, where you can't run BitDefender, let me know and I'll send you some steps by PM. But my suggestion is to first try updating the DigiFi_1.sys driver.

Cris.

• Thanks Cris,

I expect the driver is for my Digidesign M-Box, which is professional audio hardware, and known to be "picky" about the software it coexists with. I need to sign off for tonight, so I'll pick things up in the morning. (This machine is at my office).

Thanks again,

~Jason

• uptothesummit
    edited April 2010

Success! I updated the digifilter.sys file to version 7.1 (I had version 6.4 before) and everything works. Thanks for your help.

~Jason

• I'm glad I could help, Jason. :)

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to post. Since the problem in this topic has been solved, I will close this topic.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.