Can't Block Internet Explorer

Hello,

It is time for me to change from Norton and I am testing bit defender right now. I was playing around with the firewall and set the firewall to deny any access for internet explorer. When I opened internet explorer it was not blocked. It worked like nothing had happened. I am enclosing a screen shot showing I setup a denial rule and that internet explorer still ran normally. It should be blocked, right?

Please let me know if I have configured something wrong.

Jim

post-33294-1271018351_thumb.png

Comments

• Hello Jim,

Please post what operating system you use and the complete BitDefender version (right click on BitDefender tray icon, select About and copy the version and build number).

Cris.

• Sorry Chris I should have posted that information

I am using BitDefender Total Security 2010

Version: 13.0.20. here is all the info...

post-33294-1271022344_thumb.png

My OS is shown below.

post-33294-1271022000_thumb.png

I am still trying to get it to work. I switched the protection level to "Report". then tried to start internet explorer. Internet explorer started right up. The was no report it just worked.

post-33294-1271022091_thumb.png

• Hello JimGlass,

Please go to the Firewall module -> Rules tab -> click on the Advanced button from the bottom right. Search for the Internet Explorer rule in the list, select it and move it to the top of the list using the up arrow from the top right corner.

Please let us know if the Firewall module is denying the access to Internet Explorer after this.

Thank you.