Av 2010 Won't Update

Hi,

I just installed Antivirus 2010 and I cannot get the software to automatically update. I receive an error message that says "An error occurred during the update (Invalid server or proxy settings)."

I have checked internet options and verified that the only box checked is "automatically detect settings". Turned off windows firewall and it still would not update. Checked "Proxy Settings" in AV 2010 and there are no proxy settings selected. Checked hosts file and it is fine. This computer is for a customer of mine and I recommended BitDefender after he gave it to me to clean off a virus. He gave it back to me after the AV wouldn't update. I was able to download the manual install (weekly.exe) and install it fine. I tried using the search feature on this site but wasn't able to come up with anything quickly. Please advise. User is running Vista home premium. All other internet access is fine. Please let me know what I need to do so that updates will download and install automatically. Thanks.

-Kerb

Comments

• Figured it out. Something changed the client's DNS settings to a static address. Switched to DHCP and it worked fine.

• Hello Kerber0s,

We are glad to notice that the issue you contacted us about has been solved. For further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.