Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Virus V10...what Else Do I Need?

Options

I am currently running BD Virus v10, and also have Webroot's Spy Sweeper loaded on my PC. Do I even need the Spy Sweeper (spyware only no virus) since I have BD Virus v10?

Comments

• A good fire wall is a must. There are several decent free ones available.

• Ivo
    Options

It depends how you are connected to the internet. If you are connected via NATTED connection with inbuilt router/firewall you dont need a software firewall. But if you have a BRIDGED connection to you computer then you need a software firewall. Spyware is uncluded in the product but must admit there are better products for catching spyware.

• For spyware, iI recommand you SuperAntiSpyware. It has a free version, avaible for download here. However, any antispyware software should do the trick.

Andrei

• Niels
    Options

Hello boilerup22

Take a look at this topic.

I also recommend spywareblaster so known malware or malicious active-x files,toolbars can't itself. For downloadlink see the link I posted.

Superantispyware is very good to remove difficult malware.

A good free firewall is comodo: firewall

Regards

Niels

• I might add a registry cleaner like RegCure.

Cheers!

• msr
    Options
    Hello boilerup22

Take a look at this topic.

I also recommend spywareblaster so known malware or malicious active-x files,toolbars can't itself. For downloadlink see the link I posted.

Superantispyware is very good to remove difficult malware.

A good free firewall is comodo: firewall

Regards

Niels

So let me get this right: you are not recommending an update to BDAV+?

What is wrong with BD's firewall and anti-spyware capabilities?

I am surprised BD have not kicked you off the board ;)

msr

• I am surprised BD have not kicked you off the board

This is a security related forum, though, we do not force users to only have BD installed. It is up to them what products they use, and sometimes, they have to use other antispyware software, which are designed to remove specific malware.

Andrei

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hello msr

If you compare the antispyware parts that are included in other security suites can't compete with standalone applications. Some spyware still isn't detected by BitDefender. So it's wise to install another software.

Why should I get kicked from the board? This is the general section. I just recommend software for people who don't wanted the BitDefender versions that have a firewall included.

I use BitDefender firewall myself.

Regards

Niels

• mihai_romanian
    edited August 2007
    Options
    So let me get this right: you are not recommending an update to BDAV+?

I am surprised BD have not kicked you off the board

Um this is a forum and this is general talk.I'ved been a memeber in manny forums and the ones i liked were always more like online communities.......

BD forum hasn't become yet an online community and that is obvious in the General discussion,lol even a topic like "happy birthday"(for da members)would not be received well by the members cause they wouldn't feel they have such a freedom to wish to those active memebers happy birthday for example.

For now i like to visit this forum to learn more about my av which is BD of course but i hope someday BD will trully be a online comunity.

Cheers!

• msr
    Options

There's a smiley there for a reason ;)

msr

• Niels
    Options
    There's a smiley there for a reason ;)

msr

But the comment that they have to kick me from the board was quiet offensive.

Regards

Niels