Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 64bit Processes Won't Close

Options

I am running Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate on P7-P55 4Gb Ram, Core i5, ATI 5670, 2tb of HDD space.

If I open IE8, then close it, then open again then close, ... 10 times, and I close IE8, I see 10 ieplore.exe running in the background. They disappear after several minutes (close to 5 minutes...).

Also, if I run various programs when I close the program, the window closes but the program itself stays live in the background (I can see in in the task manager) and I can't reopen the program until it has disappeared from the task manager, otherwise nothing happens when I clic on the program.

I did a number of clean boot_s and realized that when the Antivirus (BD IS 2010 64bits) module in on, I get the issue and without it I have no such issue. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Upon further investigation, processes/programs won't close (disappear from memory and task manager) for several minutes only When Active Virus Control is turned on.

This appears to be a bug with Bitdefender in general at least for Windows x64 unless it is mean to leave the processes open to scan them but 5 minutes to scan on process is a little long... I would expect 1 second.

Any fix for this BidDefender staff?

Thanks,

Coco

• Unknown
    Options

Hello cocotorino,

The BitDefender Active Virus Control (AVC) provides a layer of protection against new threats for which signatures have not yet been released. It constantly monitors and analyses the behavior of the applications running on your computer and alerts you if an application has a suspicious behavior.

Therefore, you can try to add the trusted applications to the AVC Exclusions. Please let us know if this issue persists after this.

Thank you.

• Hello cocotorino,

The BitDefender Active Virus Control (AVC) provides a layer of protection against new threats for which signatures have not yet been released. It constantly monitors and analyses the behavior of the applications running on your computer and alerts you if an application has a suspicious behavior.

Therefore, you can try to add the trusted applications to the AVC Exclusions. Please let us know if this issue persists after this.

Thank you.

The problem is, all applications take more than 5 minutes to close. ALL applications. Including internet explorer, windows media player, etc. All because of bitdefender... Sounds like a bug to me if I need to exclude all applications.