Bd Internet Security 2010 No Longer Will Update ?

Two days ago...my Win 7 Pro PC stopped updating Bitdefender. When I try to manually update...I either get a "0" progress...or BD stops at "14%" progress.

My Internet connection is fine and working at all ti,mes ? Also...with the warning icon over the BD system tray icon...my entire system has slowed to a crawl...restarting PC does nothing to help BD work or update ?

please suggest a way to get this to up[date so I can use my PC again...

Thanks, Tim

Comments

• Two days ago...my Win 7 Pro PC stopped updating Bitdefender. When I try to manually update...I either get a "0" progress...or BD stops at "14%" progress.

My Internet connection is fine and working at all ti,mes ? Also...with the warning icon over the BD system tray icon...my entire system has slowed to a crawl...restarting PC does nothing to help BD work or update ?

Thanks, Tim

Hi TiminAz,

The only problem I get with the absence of update happens when I use my proxy in FFox (or IE) and I forget to activate it in BD (or reverse, I mean, we should activate or deactivate proxy in both software)

I use Win XP Home, I do not know how works Win Seven, probably not very different?

If you do not use proxies, the problem is somewhere else.

Do you remember what happened the day you had the problem? Did you install anything else?

:huh:

Maybe a BD technician will help you soon.

:)

Good night

L.

• Hi TiminAz,

The only problem I get with the absence of update happens when I use my proxy in FFox (or IE) and I forget to activate it in BD (or reverse, I mean, we should activate or deactivate proxy in both software)

I use Win XP Home, I do not know how works Win Seven, probably not very different?

If you do not use proxies, the problem is somewhere else.

Do you remember what happened the day you had the problem? Did you install anything else?

:huh:

Maybe a BD technician will help you soon.

:)

Good night

L.

Problem started after an update at a specific date/time. Gave up waiting for tech support and removed and reinstalled BD IS 2010 from scratch as another user had to do...works good now...but what a pain !!

Thanks,

• Two days ago...my Win 7 Pro PC stopped updating Bitdefender. When I try to manually update...I either get a "0" progress...or BD stops at "14%" progress.

Thanks, Tim

Check if the game mode is on.

• ...having a similar issue on my Win7 x64 laptop with BD IS 2010. During update, it appears that a 69kB file will not download from the servers. After several retries, the red "!" appears and the log file indicates "update process cancelled" This behavior began in the early morning hours (Central US) on May 4. It seems that if i reboot, I am able to get one successful update, then the process begins anew. I have scanned the update log back to March and found some instances where this has occurred, but only for at most 3 hourly attempts. I have also swapped a cloned drive from 2 weeks ago (when the updating was working fine) and attemped the update with the same results, so I am ruling out any operating system changes as the cause. Thoughts anyone?