System File Not Found

autoplayer
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Hi I have downloaded the rescue CD from bitdefender and I tried to run it to see if it works. I boot the computer and apears to choose something with knoppix (I chosed english) and it started to load the linux and after 15 sec it appears that it dont find the system file.

I was runing the rescue CD from a cd on a laptop.

Comments

• Hello autoplayer,

Please try the steps listed in this topic in order to resolve this issue:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16844

• I have to try to boot the DVD version or the CD version?

• I burned the DVD version and I have booted it and it runs very well... :D

• I tryed again to boot the rescue CD and that mesage appears again.

post-29871-1261427163_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Boot the system from the CD, then when the bootloader comes up(to put it visually when the penguin is displayed ) press Tab and then in the new interface type:

dma

hit Enter.

• then when the bootloader comes up(to put it visually when the penguin is displayed ) press Tab and then in the new interface type:

dma

hit Enter.

I dont understand that... I have to press Tab when that 2 penguin appears and type dma and hit Enter?

I do this (right when that 2 penguin appereared) but there nothing appeared (I pressed tab writed dma and hited dma, and after I hit tab I waited a few seconds but there wasnt a new interface).

I tryed to run the rescue CD 2 times. First time I attended the instructions when that 2 penguins appeared and second time after everything was loaded (the message with the system files appeared)

I do the pictures when I tryed second time to run the CD.

post-29871-1261512882_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261512911_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261512974_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261512996_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261513022_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261513048_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261513075_thumb.jpg

post-29871-1261513100_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

Please try to run again the Rescue CD and hit TAB when the system enters Boot Splash Screen (your second screen capture). Add "all_generic_ide irqpoll" to the boot options and hit Enter.

• Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem. I have created the BitDefender Rescue CD, but when I boot, it says that it does not find the file system.

I can't understand why is it so difficult to make a boot cd you people. It's the easiest thing to do nowdays.

I mean, if you cannot create a Rescue CD, how can we trust you to clean infections?

Anyway I would please appreciate your help in resolving the above issue.

Thanks.

• I learned after hours of reading research the command is all-generic-ide irqpoll, that is hyphens, not underscores. Now I can boot from the CD and get the GUI. Thanks, gaylem

Hello,

Please try to run again the Rescue CD and hit TAB when the system enters Boot Splash Screen (your second screen capture). Add "all_generic_ide irqpoll" to the boot options and hit Enter.