Recover Computer Without It Counting As 2 Pcs

Hello.

I have bought Bitdefender 2010 for 3 computers in 3 years. I want to recover my computer, but i don't want it to count as two. How do i make sure that doesn't happen?

Comments

• Lionet
    Lionet
    edited May 2010
    I want to recover my computer

What do you mean?

You have one, two or three computers at home?

You cannot use the same licence somewhere else (for the family or some one else) but you can install BD on three computers at home and do repair/reinstallations.

By the way, the first time you install the soft on the second computer (or the third) you connect with your password, your activation code to enter to get the line and launch the update. If you get any trouble to get activation, after a repair deinstallation/reinstallation, ask bd hotline from a protected computer (of course).

Have a nice day

:)

L.

Edit: oh, maybe you mean you reformated your hard disk and reinstall softwares?

Well, I do not know if BD takes in account the motherboard and the B/I/O/S identity to count One, but if you have trouble with the activation, send a mail to BD helpdesk.

• I have 3 computers.. Bitdefender is not yet installed on the two others, but it is on this one.

I want to recover my computer, to get it as good as new..

But after i've recovered it, and installed bitdefender again, i don't want it to be as if i installed it on 2 computers, since it's the same one. :)

Nice day to you too..

• Oh, i didn't see your edit..

That's exactly what i meant .. :P ..

Thanks for your help.. I'll just do it and see what happens.. (:

• I have 3 computers.. Bitdefender is not yet installed on the two others, but it is on this one.

I want to recover my computer, to get it as good as new..

But after i've recovered it, and installed bitdefender again, i don't want it to be as if i installed it on 2 computers, since it's the same one. :)

Nice day to you too..

I do not know if BD takes motherboard and BIOS in account, so I can't give you a straight answer. However you could reformat your hard disk and reinstall software. If you get an activation problem, tell BD helpdesk. (I reformated and reinstalled BD twice on two of my computers without any problems... I use another AV on the third)

If you plan to install it on three computers, never launch updates the same day . Not only BD but any other softwares!

Never do that!

We can wait a little while, a few days, just to be sure the update (any software) do not create a havoc in the system...

:)

Have a nice day!

L.

• Hello Zabrina,

If you have a BitDefender license key valid for 3 users then you can install it on 3 different PC's simultaneously. Regardless how many times you install/reinstall your BitDefender product, the number of users will not be affected. What matters is on how many computers the license key is active.

Thank you.