When I Install Bitdefender Ts 2010 Trail On Xp, After Install Xp Doesnt Boot

I just reinstalled XP after a virus destroyed it.

The first thing I did then was download and install bitdefender TS 2010, after installing updates.

The install went through just fine.

I then restarted my pc and when it booted back up I had a bsod to do with winlogon.exe having a fatal error.

I didnt have any restore points made.

And now I am reinstalling XP again...

Could someone help me and try and fix this error as I have used bitdefender products before and they are excellent.

I also have Ubuntu 10.04 on another partition on my hard drive.

I also had this error on my laptop (XP), but I just installed ubuntu on it.

Please help I want to try out bitdefender on my pc.

Thanks

EDIT: im on a 32bit windows XP PRO SP3

Comments

• I just reinstalled XP after a virus destroyed it.

The first thing I did then was download and install bitdefender TS 2010, after installing updates.

The install went through just fine.

I then restarted my pc and when it booted back up I had a bsod to do with winlogon.exe having a fatal error.

I didnt have any restore points made.

And now I am reinstalling XP again...

Could someone help me and try and fix this error as I have used bitdefender products before and they are excellent.

I also have Ubuntu 10.04 on another partition on my hard drive.

I also had this error on my laptop (XP), but I just installed ubuntu on it.

Please help I want to try out bitdefender on my pc.

Thanks

EDIT: im on a 32bit windows XP PRO SP3

I guess you formatted your hard disk during the XP installation? (it is the safest option if we suspect the presence of a malware, if you didn't the virus is still there and your work useless).

Don't you have BD file on a cd, on a usb key? You should install it before going to internet... even if you do not have the latest update, it will protect your system.

Format HD (through the XP installation process)

Install BD files (it is possible to download from your other computer and put it on a clean usb key)

Go to internet to check updates.

If your system does not work after a complete reformat and installation with genuine software, it is maybe another issue (either your Windows XP disk is corrupted, or the hardware (memory (something to check), motherboard, have problems.

Do not forget to put aside for inspection by a clean and well protected machine any peripherals (cd, dvd, usb keys) you put on the suspected machines, these peripherals are certainly infected too.

good luck

:mellow:

L.

• Yes I formatted. I don't have any viruses. As I scanned my xp partition with AVG using linux.

The disk is not damaged as I only burned it yesterday using linux.

I think its to do with my mobo or something, but I cant really change it as its a micro-atx pc.

Every once in a while when I turn my pc on the screen goes all different colours and boot_s but the image is a lot lower and a ###### up resolution.

Before I reinstalled, I installed bitdefender and it wouldnt boot, so I checked my harddrive with AVG linux and it was clear, even though AVG finds everything has a virus.

• Hello Jacob,

The issue you described seems to be related to a driver not being installed correctly, not having the latest version or in conflict with BitDefender. If you encouter the same issue after re-installing Windows XP please follow the steps below in order to further investigate and provide you with the resolution. In order to solve this issue please make sure you uninstalled any other security solution you might have on the same computer (any spyware removal, Ad Aware, Spybot or any another antivirus).

Having more then one security product installed on the same PC can degrade performance and cause system instability. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background. We recommend you to uninstall all the other security solutions in order for BitDefender to work properly. We also recommend you to run a registry cleaner on your computer in order to improve the system performance.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.