Conflict Between Visual C++6.0 And Bd 2010

Hi,

I found a problem, When i Debug any project in Visual c++ 6.0, it will stopped by an error "User breakpoint called from code at 0x...", and When i close "Real time protect virus", it running OK.

What can I do now? thank you!

Comments

• And I found when I disable "Antivirus-->Advanced settings-->Active Virus Control", the vc6.0 debug will running normally.

• Hello Nils,

Please follow the steps below and let me know if the issue was resolved:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and switch to 'Expert Mode'

3. Go to 'Antivirus' tab.

4. Click on 'Advanced Settings' and change the level of the the 'Antivirus Virus Control' feature to 'Permissive'

5. Test to see if the issue was resolved.

If the issue persist try to add the executable file as an exception into AVC:

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on PERMISSIVE;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse the the ZoneAlarm executable file and add it as an exception.

Please confirm that the issue has been resolved.

I would also recommend you to take a look at the following topic where you can find comments on this subject only: applications that are blocked by Active Virus Control:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=16865

Best regards,

• Hi DanyDan,

Thank you your answer!

I tried this way below, but not fix it yet :(

1. Open BitDefender Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and switch to 'Expert Mode'

3. Go to 'Antivirus' tab.

4. Click on 'Advanced Settings' and change the level of the the 'Antivirus Virus Control' feature to 'Permissive'

5. Test to see if the issue was resolved.

and I try the next way below, I add the EXE file to the Exclusions list manually, it fixed!

but if i create a new project by Visual c++ 6.0, i need add my EXE file again, just not convenience for me, maybe this is the best way now? or can I add a direction to the Exclusions list?

thank you again!

1. Double click on the BitDefender icon located on the Desktop to open the software;

2. Click on 'Settings' and then switch UI to: EXPERT MODE;

3. Click on OK;

4. Go to 'Antivirus' tab;

5. Go to 'Shield' tab;

6. Click on 'Advanced Settings' button;

7. Put 'Active Virus Control' slider bar on PERMISSIVE;

8. Click on the small '+';

9. In the new window browse the the ZoneAlarm executable file and add it as an exception.

• Hi Nils,

Indeed you have the option and I strongly recommend it to exclude a folder from Antivirus tab. You can do that in the same way to add a certain file however you will select just the folder not a single file.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Regards,

• nils
    edited June 2010

Hi, DanyDan

I add the folder in exclusions tab(i dont find any other way to add a folder), but the problem exist like before yet.

And I asked someone, in vc++8.0 or later, all are good. maybe my vc6.0 need some update ^_^

by the way, what is the exactly means by "advanced settings" in antivirus tab?

Anyhow, I still like BD, it is a perfect Antivirus. thank you!

• Hello Nils,

Indeed I do believe that it's time to upgrade the VC++ to a newer version. Furthermore the Advanced settings refers to the button for the AVC settings within Antivirus tab in BitDefender Security Center (Expert Mode GUI).

Regards,